*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012154-Surprise-Surprise
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1012154 added June 19, 2021 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Surprise Surprise
I thought I was starting over when I paid my overdue dues! This morning when I looked at my blog, I was surprised to see that my previous post were still in the system. Now I need to re-acquaint myself with how to move around in writing.com. At one point I was somewhat involved, but not overtly. Now I would like to take advantage of all this site has to offer. I guess I should look at What Should I do First and go from there.

It's funny how the mind works. I spent part of the evening thinking about what my next post would be and coming up with ideas. Then when you set down and start typing it all changes.

Heres a little something about myself

I'm a Baby Boomer, Vietnam Vet, Prostate Cancer survivor, Triple Bypass recipient, awarded a pace maker to keep the heart running. What this tells you is I'm OLD. I continue watching the years fly by, and know somewhere in the future it will come to an end. My Mother is 95 and I know I will never reach that age. It's not in the cards, and the way I feel each morning when I wake, I'm not sorry I won't see the 90's. There are NO Golden Years! As the years pass some are good and some are bad - just like each day is good or bad. You learn to roll with the punches and move on.

What does the remainder of the year hold for us? I’d look into my crystal ball if I had one, but no such luck. The Delta Variant the medical people keep talking about is concerning. There are a lot of people who haven’t gotten or refuse to get the shots, and the majority of those people live in the southern part of our country. There are those who think the virus is like to flu and not anything to worry about. Others refuse to get the shot and I’ve no idea why. Again rolling with the punches!

As I mentioned yesterday, California has reopened the economy, no more restrictions on what people can and cannot due. We can dine inside and the restaurants can seat as many people as the room allows. The unemployment is down, but not back to pre pandemic levels. I know one problem left over is the housing shortage, both for rentals and ownership. Part of the problem is the government wouldn’t allow people who own their home to evict tenants who are behind on rent, so that has the rental market all messed up. It will probably take several years before we get out of this mess. Oh well that will be another story!

Life is Good God Bless


© Copyright 2021 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012154-Surprise-Surprise