*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012252-Friuts-of-the-Spirit---Love
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2245288
Bible studies
#1012252 added July 5, 2021 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Friuts of the Spirit - Love
Dear God,
We come together today to study the fruit of the Spirit, love. Teach us what it means to have love as a fruit of your Holy Spirit. Let us learn to love others the way you love us. Forgive us of our shortcomings, and help us to pull the weeds of sin out of our garden and out of our love for you and others.
In Jesus Christ’s name,
Amen


Friuts of the Spirit - Love


Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.



Romans 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

Fun facts:
https://grasmickproduce.com/2017/02/14/strawberries-the-food-of-love-and-romance...

πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

What kind of fruit are you producing?

There are two categories or spiritual fruit; fruits produced by the flesh/sin and fruits produced by the Holy Spirit. If you were accused of and on trial for being a Christian, is there enough evidence in your life to prove it? Would you be found guilty as charged?
Matthew 7:16-20

We are studying the fruits of the Spirit. These are the fruits we want our life to produce if we are a true Christian. These are the fruits that would provide evidence if you are in fact a Christian or not. This fruit is produced by the Holy Spirit as you remain connected to Jesus.
John 15:1-8

We produce these fruits of the Spirit when we stay connected to Jesus because we begin putting on the very nature of God. All of these fruits of the Spirit are personality traits of God. We are to be like him.

Fruits of the Flesh

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

These are not character traits of God. These traits are of the Devil. They are not cultivated and produced in love. Think about what kind of root these fruits of the flesh have. Let's pluck these up by their roots and cast them out of our lives for good. Nothing good will come from them. They lead to death.

πŸ“LoveπŸ“

The first fruit of the Spirit mentioned is Love. It is also the most important fruit of the Spirit. Without love, what is Joy? Can there be peace where no love is? With no love, no one would want to suffer for anyone else for any amount of time. Where would gentleness and goodness be without love?
Meekness and temperance would have no reason to exist without love. Galatians 5:6 even tells us faith is produced by love.
Galatians 5:6

Love is what our God and everything we believe is founded upon. Love is our foundation. God is Love.
1 John 4:16

If we don't have love in our hearts first and foremost, we are not the children of God. Love is the #1 fruit of the Holy Spirit.
1 John 4:7-21

Even 1 Corinthians 13, which is considered the love chapter, says that love is of the utmost importance.
1 Corinthians 13:13

Jesus gave a direct command that we are to love one another and by our love for one another, we would be known as his disciples. He even repeated it which indicates extra importance.
John 13:34-35
John 15:17

Love is a fruit produced by the Holy Spirit not just because God is love and we are taking on his character. It is poured into our hearts by God himself through the Holy Spirit.
Romans 5:5-8

Wow! That kind of gets me excited. Think about it. God does not just love us. He pours his love into our hearts! He showers us with love and blessings and all kinds of good gifts when we are committed to him.

What is Love?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth:

Traits of Perfect Love:
*Patient (long-suffering)
*Kind
*Not envious/jealous
*Not boastful
*Not arrogant or overly proud
*Does not behave inappropriately
*Not selfish
*Does not think evil of/towards
*Is not easily angered
*Rejoices in truth
*Disturbed by iniquity
*Bears all things
*Believes all things
*Hopes all things
*Endures all things
*Does not fail

1 Corinthians 13


Verse 1 says it doesn't matter what kind of elegant or special speech we use or how many languages we know. If you don't speak with love, it is just noise.

Verse 2 reinforces that Love is of the utmost importance. If you are extremely religious and well educated and have a great understanding with all faith and the ability to perform miracles, you are still nothing without love. Without love, we have very little worth.

Verse 3 says if I give everything I own to the poor and give up my life to be burned at the steak, I don't profit from it if I don't have love.

All of these things mentioned in verses 1-3 are only temporary. They cease to exist. They have an end. The knowledge we have as human beings is only partial knowledge. It is not perfect and is incomplete. It is impossible for us to see the full picture. However, with Jesus it is not impossible. When Jesus come to take us home with him, we will have complete knowledge and understanding.

Right now we only see a part of the full picture. It is like looking at life like a puzzle. We can only see bits and pieces of it clearly until it is completely put together. When our life is ended, then all the pieces are put in place and we can see and understand it more clearly.

The greatest quality to have is love. Do you see how important loving others is? Without love, it is impossible to please God. He looks on the heart and knows what truly motivates us. How can you start showing more love to others today?


Resources

Jesus is my permanent anchor!
A signature for me to use
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012252-Friuts-of-the-Spirit---Love