*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012365-Hey-diddle-diddle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Music · #2231553
Fictitious and delicious!
#1012365 added June 27, 2021 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Hey, diddle diddle
Well, it looks like my dad is talking to that screen again. He does this all the time. I never hear anything on the other end. At least Dad parrots some of the comments out loud so I can kind of keep up with the conversation.

Dad's in the living room for this round of talking to the computer. He calls it a livestream. Closest I get to livestreaming involves my sandbox. At least my dad isn't doing that while talking. He has a couple cups nearby, though. I should stick my face in the water cup. I want to knock it over, but I know he'd have a fit. That would be funny for the other people to see, but then I might not get more appearances in videos and what not. Better not risk it.

It sounds like they're all talking about nursery rhymes this time. I remember my dad talking about rhymes when he was staring at his big camera recently. I hear him read off messages from the usual suspects: UncaTim, Lindy, Ned, theangle, etc. He told me once those are screen names. This concept doesn't mean much to me, but I suppose it shows that a variety of people are talking to my dad. If there are a lot of people on today, I might try to hop up and make an appearance. I have quite a few fans that properly recognize how handsome and majestic I really am.

"So NotCIA says here that she actually won a prize at a fair game over a cow jumping over a moon. That's brilliant! NotCIA, what game did you play? I know you've mentioned being a big fan of the water gun games.

Ooh. NotCIA is in the chat? I must investigate this! I actually knows her. Yes, she smells like other cats half the time, but that doesn't bother me too much. Anyway, I need to go look at the screen. What is NotCIA saying? I won't be able to actually read it, but if NotCIA says hi Dad will say something. He loves to read NotCIA's comments. When I've stood near the computer I notice he tends to grin when reading her stuff. He's lucky I can't tell her about this. NotCIA is smart, though. She can probably figure it out. Enough thinking. Time to hop on Dad's lap and join this thing.

"Kandinsky, whatcha doin'? Do you want to come up here?"

Well, of course I do. Why else would I be clawing up your leg? I mean, sure, those things you call jeans are prime claw sharpening material, but that's not the point.

"Come on! Come on up!"

As ridiculous as Dad looks petting his leg, I'm gonna wait a bit just to make him squirm. I won't wait too long, though. I don't want to disappoint the fans. They're pretty nifty people. Especially NotCIA. Alright. Let me hop on up there.

"Oh, that's a good kitten. Kandinsky, say hello to your fans! Think you could be the cat that plays the fiddle in that nursery rhyme?"

Me? Play a fiddle? Why would I do that? Oh, hold on a minute! Are you seriously trying to get me to look like I'm playing a fiddle? For the love of-stop moving my front legs like that! Oh. The things I do for my fans. Dad owes me so much catnip after this. If I don't get that I think I'll give the chair in his studio a new, "shredded" texture.

Mercifully, NotCIA has come to my defense in the comments. Dad has set my front legs down, so I can sit on his lap and watch the chat scroll by. Eh, maybe I'll beg for catnip later. I'm pretty comfy now that I full control of all my limbs. It's warm here, though. Yeah, I'll stay put. That seems like a good strategy.


Entry 6 in "The Bard's Hall Contest

© Copyright 2021 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012365-Hey-diddle-diddle