*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
7
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012460
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Book · Occult · #2180093
A high school student finds a grimoire that shows how to make magical disguises.
#1012460 added June 24, 2021 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
And Then There Were Two
Previously: "The Leftovers

You pull up to a stop at the junction of two hallways, directly across from the doors to the main office. Your self-set task—testing the mask you made—is proving trickier to pull off than you expected. It's pretty clear that you need to get someone alone, and in an empty school that shouldn't be a problem. Your best bet, it seems to you, is a teacher you can catch alone in an empty classroom.

But you don't know what the mask will do to them, and whoever you pick probably isn't going to be happy with you. So a teacher is probably the last person you should experiment on. It would be too easy to get in trouble.

You've got the mask out and are hefting it thoughtfully when you hear voices from the direction of the tutors' offices. That girl you saw earlier steps into the hall, then turns around to talk to the dark-complected Hispanic man who has followed here out. Neither smiles as they exchange a few words in the open doorway. Then the girl stalks off down F wing, deeper into the school.

You detach yourself from the hallway wall and pad along in her wake.

You pass the tutors' offices, and look in. The offices are enclosed behind a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, and the offices themselves are also paneled off with floor-to-ceiling windows—basically, a bunch of fishbowls inside of a very big fishbowl. The tutor the girl was talking to is just settling behind a desk in the very back. There's no one else in the offices, though one other desk has a purse sitting on it.

You shoot a glance at the retreating back of the girl, then glance back into the offices. A tutor is almost a teacher, you think, but not quite. And this one is alone.

Next: "Panic in F Wing

© Copyright 2021 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012460