*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
5
6
7
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012635-Gala-in-the-Garden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Music · #2231553
Fictitious and delicious!
#1012635 added June 28, 2021 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
Gala in the Garden
Dear Influence in Bloom Gala Nominee,

With all that has happened in the last few years, Bok Tower and Gardens has been devoted to fostering physical connections between people and nature. As society has first opened up and then reimagined how all of its components fit together, we have endeavored to ensured that in person experiences have grown in importance for all. We now want to share that connection and evolving mindset with the sharpest minds in the country.

This is where you come in. Your work in your community has been brought to our attention by those most impacted by your actions. In the past few years, many people have stepped up in unexpected ways to mend fences, build bridges, or facilitate healing. You have approached complex with unexpected solutions that have redefined what is possible. Your work has reached disparate populations and brought them to a space to talk. You have also shined a light on aspects of American diversity that have been overlooked in this period of seismic change.

All of that work deserves to be shared with others with the same passion and drive. The Influence in Bloom Gala is being created so everyone can help each other continue to find gaps in community initiatives and devise ways to have your projects work in tandem. Such an in person confluence of ideas is hard to find in the 21st Century let alone celebrated. By attending the Gala, you can change this trend and work to have people across the country discuss the ideas brought forth in the gala.

While we have received over a thousand nominations, we can only safely accommodate 100 people for this Gala. To help us with this decision, we want to hear from you directly. Those who nominated you have seen the impact of your work, and your results have been published by a variety of media outlets. Will these sources be able to tell the full story of what motivates you to pursue this work? We want to hear directly from you about your drive, what history brought you to this point, and any perks or challenges that you encounter along the way. Instructions for sending this testimonial are included with this letter. Your testimonial is due by December 31, 2023. The selections for the inaugural Influence in Bloom Gala will be announced on February 1, 2024.

We look forward to hearing from you and perhaps even meeting you in person at the Gala!

Sincerely,
the Bok Tower and Gardens Board





Testimonial Requirements

1. Testimonial may be submitted in either written or video format. One testimonial per nominee will be accepted. Resubmissions of testimonials will not be accepted once you submit your work.

2. Written testimonials must be at least 500 words and no more than 2500 words. All files must be in a Word or Open Office format (.doc, .docx, .odt). Files can be emailed to influenceinbloomgala@boktowergardens.org or submitted via Dropbox.

3. Video testimonials must be at least 720 pi and have clear audio. You should be visible at the beginning and the end of the video. However, you do not need to be visible for the full duration. Slides, archive footage, and photographs are permitted. All video testimonials must be uploaded to YouTube as unlisted videos. The link to your video can be sent to influenceinbloomgala@boktowergardens.org.

4. While you are free to structure your testimonial as you see fit, you must answer the following question: "What motivated me to start this work, and what motivates me to ensure it continues?"

5. Testimonials must be submitted by December 31, 2023 at 11:59 EST.







Entry 8 in "The Bard's Hall Contest

© Copyright 2021 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012635-Gala-in-the-Garden