*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012866-It-continues-into-the-dead-of-night
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#1012866 added July 1, 2021 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
It continues into the dead of night!
I'm a draggin today... As I was waiting to close "The Lighthouse Poetry Contest, I watched the clock on my laptop as it appeared to slow down. Like a ticking time bomb ready to go off.

But instead, I got an alarming sharp pain, no two searing sharp pains coursing through the right side of my bum. Causing me to yell out loud and jump up. Swatting it as if to stop whatever was causing the pain that now ran through my body. Something had bitten me twice on my backside. Fable jumped up as well, trying to figure out why momma was screaming her head off and running around into the kitchen after pulling off her outer garments.

Reaching for the Dawn dish soap to stop the poison from rushing throughout my body. I was told that it eliminates the poison from going any further if administered quickly to the affected area. I have used it several times in the past on ant bites, mosquito bites as well as wasp bites. I could still feel it swelling as the pain didn't subside. I began to worry that it had been a spider that had bitten me. I thought I had seen a spider slide down next to me while I took Fable out to the bathroom, but dismissed it immediately not giving it another thought until I was bitten. I hobbled to the bathroom to view the damaged area to see two trails of bleed streaming down. *Shock2*

Now, perplexed and troubled about what could have caused the affecting wounds to my bum. I surveyed the sofa, my clothing that now laid on the floor. A scary thought crossed my mind at the instant I stood there with searing pain coursing through my body. I have no phone to call for help or even someone to drive me to the ER; what if I pass out or convulse. My neighbor had left for Kansas for a death in the family just hours before. It's 25 minutes to the hospital. Can I make it, I wondered? I had to take the chance there was blood and severe pain like I have never felt from a bite before.

As I was driving, things popped in my head as I tried to stay on the dark road. Like who was the doctor on duty? Am I going to get the same treatment as last time? I hate going to the ER. Gezzzz, they have to look at my booty. Was it a Black Widow or a Recluce? I had just killed both earlier last week. Am I paranoid? But, THERE'S BLOOD, Teresa Ann!

I arrived at the ER at 11:38 pm. I was wheeled back after my vitals were taken and placed in a room. Basically dumbed off. I wasn't even told to get in the bed or sit and wait for the attending nurses and doctor to come in. She wheeled the chair backward and left the room. I spent the next three hours under observation. I lay there thinking, how much is this going to cost me? No, tests could be run on a spider bite, no known blood test to check for spider venom? They cleaned the wound and applied a topical cream that would help with the pain.

I lay there listening to their giggles and talk until I couldn't take anymore. Oh, don't get me wrong, the doctor and nurses assigned to me were great. Heck, the doctor talked to me for 45 minutes while observing my reactions and vital signs. We talked about our lovable fur babies. His dog Bently is a rescued dog as well. We found in the dead of night a few things in common. A whole lot better than the last 5 visits I have had in the past 2 years.

I pressed my little red button to call them after waiting another 30 minutes. A female voice chimed into the intercom, and I responded politely, "I want to go home now!" They quickly came in and apologized that he was working on the discharge papers as we speak. Doctor Brad walked in and handed me the wash that he wanted me to use daily, and the nurse added it to the other things in my huge discharge bag. She handed me the pill I was to take upon leaving. Hopefully, I would make it home before I fell asleep.

I thought I would never make it home. It seemed like the road would never stop at my house. As I pulled into the driveway, slowly not to wake my neighbors on either side of me at 3 am. I slipped out of my car and into my house unnoticed except by my beloved Fable.

She checked every inch of me out. All she knows is momma left in pain and had been gone forever. I took her out for her goodnight bathroom run and headed to the bedroom once we were back inside. So exhausted and still in some pain, I coaxed her into bed, and we laid there; as I tried to get comfortable, she got off the bed and did her security round, and plopped at her usual station for the night.

I tossed a little and decided that I would have to sleep on the opposite side tonight in order to relieve the pain that radiated down the right side of my body. Once I turned over from the usual sleeping pattern, I fell fast asleep.

I am still in pain as I sit here. Debating if I should go have the pain meds filled before the pharmacy closes for the day. I'm not sure I can even drive the slight distance and back. My head feels heavy like it is strapped down, and I can no longer lift it with ease.

This has been a very unusually strange week for me. It keeps coming at me one thing after another. My phone troubles, my landlord visited twice unannounced, the electrician, my neighbor setting up care for her cats and plants, spider bites, deliveries of my very late orders, and the ER visit.

I think I will call it a day/night for me, my peeps. Prayers and happy thoughts for all. If I feel up to it, I will drop in much later.

Hugzzzz and love, LegendaryMask❤️

 

© Copyright 2021 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012866-It-continues-into-the-dead-of-night