*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012934-Canted-Camera
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1012934 added July 2, 2021 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
Canted Camera
July 2 Prompt: We've all read about them, we all probably have a favorite. Do you? Tell us about your favorite conspiracy theory. If you don't have one, tell us about one you recall.



There are all kinds of conspiracy theories out there. Many are known to most of us: the JFK assassination, Flat Earth, the Illuminati, and so on. A couple are actually local to me, as well as being co-located: Denver International Airport (DIA) and "Blucifer", the big blue horse statue with the glowing red eyes at the entrance to DIA. I've always kinda liked Blue Mustang, as it's properly called. Those glowing eyes can give you the creeps, which is just fine with me as regards visiting sports teams. The less happy they are about coming to Denver, the better.

My fascination with the space program goes all the way back to getting up well before dawn back in the 60s to watch NASA space launches on TV, so my favorite conspiracy theory pretty much has to be the "faked" moon landings. I find it difficult to believe that anyone would think all that could have been faked. Live television images showed the astronauts arrive at the base of the launch pad, enter the elevator, exit the elevator and enter the capsule. Millions saw the capsule sealed, the walkway removed and, along with thousands at the Cape and along the coast, watched and felt each fiery, earthshaking liftoff. Cameras tracked the rocket well beyond the range of human eyesight, and there's the small matter of the enormous amount of evidence in the form of communications and telemetry records.

If you're a follower of this particular theory, all I can say - in the most polite way possible - is...sorry. We went. We walked. We came back.




Group imageSignature for use by those who donate to and/or sponsor Quill Awards in 2020Won during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012934-Canted-Camera