*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013436-Read-all-about-it
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1013436 added July 11, 2021 at 7:14am
Restrictions: None
Read all about it!
PROMPT July 11th

Write a headline you’d love to read in tomorrow’s newspaper.

I was very happy with today's headline in Australia when our girl Ash Barty won Wimbledon. She was the first Australian woman to win Wimbledon for over fifty years. She is a darling girl, so modest and family oriented.
I am not a person who follows any particular sport and I have lived in Australia for fifty years, but tonight there is a football match in the European cup between England and Italy. I'd love the headline that said that England had won. Still a Pommy girl at heart.
That is all very light news and compared to all the heartache that is happening in the world, insignificant. So perhaps. to read the news headlines that Covid 19 had suddenly decided to leave and not return would be wonderful. This damn disease is still wreaking havoc all over the world.
I'd also love to hear/read that the Taliban in Afghanistan had been defeated. The last of our Australian troops left today after twenty years of peacekeeping. Nothing the Australian or United States military has done over all those years has made any difference in the long run despite so many deaths of the soldiers.


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013436-Read-all-about-it