*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013704-Fruits-of-the-Spirit---Peace
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2245288
Bible studies
#1013704 added July 20, 2021 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Fruits of the Spirit - Peace
Dear God,
Thank you for the good fruit produced by your Spirit. Let these fruits be produced in me. Let your peace radiate in me. Teach us about your peace. Help us to receive it completely so that we can share it with others.
In Christ’s name,
Amen


The Fruits of the Spirit - Peace


Romans 5:1-5
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’


As I am writing this study, I am struggling with my own anxiety. We all have times that we struggle in our flesh. It my be anxiety, anger, grief, depression, frustrations, busy schedules, worries, fears, unexpected events, drama, trauma, family issues, loneliness, etc... The list goes on.

The fruits of the Spirit aren’t about having a complete absence of these things. The fruits of the Spirit is being able to cope, to possess and produce the fruit in spite of all the chaos. It is about having a secure anchor in the time of the storm.

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

This is a go to song for me in times of storm, literally or figuratively. https://youtu.be/CNMiScnWq5Y
Do you know the Master of the wind?

The Bible tells us a little story.

Mark 4:35-41
35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.
36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

True peace is calmness and tranquility, a steadfastness, in your heart no matter what is going on outside, even in chaos.

Romans 5:1 (shown at the beginning) says we have peace with God through Jesus Christ. When we have peace with God, we are anchored in his love. If you read verses 1-5 of Romans 5, doesn't that sound like an anchor βš“?

Jesus wasn't asleep on the boat in the middle of the storm because he didn't care. He was able to rest in the middle of chaos because he was anchored in God the Father’s love. Here is a perfect example of Jesus exercising peace as a fruit of God's Spirit.

Peace as a fruit of the Spirit doesn't come as a result of not having conflict, difficulty, or stress. This kind of peace is a result of having the Holy Spirit living in us. We are able to have peace because we know our God has everything under control even though we do not. We are secure in God's love and grace.
Romans 8:35-39

Are you firmly anchored in the Love of God through Christ Jesus?
Jahovahshalom means the Lord is our peace.
Judges 6:22-24

In fact, peace was proclaimed to men by the angels at Christ’s birth announcement!
Luke 2:13-14

Jesus gives peace to his disciples. True peace comes by believing and trusting in the promises of God.
John 14:27
Luke 24:36

Jesus died so we can have peace with God. We can have true and perfect peace through him.
Ephesians 2:11-22

My dad used to have a bumper sticker on his truck that said, β€œKnow Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace.” We must make peace with God through Jesus Christ before we can know true peace. We must choose to stay close to God and let his peace rule in our hearts.
Colossians 3:15-17

I like the way the New International Version phrases this verse. A heart at peace gives life to the body. So a peaceful heart does a body good. πŸ™‚

A heart at peace gives life to the body,
but envy rots the bones.
- Proverbs 14:30 (NIV)


We let the peace of God rule in our hearts by getting acquainted with God.
Job 22:21-22

The fruit of the Spirit also produces peace with other people. Jesus, the Prince of Peace, wants us to be at peace with our fellow man.
Romans 12:9-21

Not only does it matter what is in your heart but what is in your thoughts too. Don’t be anxious. Cast all your cares on the Lord because he cares for you. God is a God of peace. He wants us to be at peace with him, ourselves, and with others.
Philippians 4:6-9
1 Peter 5:6-11

Nehemiah 6:24-26
The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.


β€œGod can not give us peace and happiness apart from himself, because it is not there.” - C.S. Lewis


Resources

Jesus is my permanent anchor!
A signature for me to use
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013704-Fruits-of-the-Spirit---Peace