*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
9
10
12
17
24
27
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013729-Food
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1013729 added July 16, 2021 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Food
PROMPT July 16th

Here we are, half way through the month already! This is what I hope is a different sort of prompt. Almost everyone has them, so tell us about your favorite restaurant. In the past, mine have been Pappadeaux, Abuelos, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, and others. Do you have any?

Oh, now you're asking! I hardly ever go to restaurants these days. In the past when we were younger and maybe had a bit more discretionary cash, we went out more. My favourite sort of meal is Thai. We went to Thailand for seven weeks, backpacking all over their beautiful country. I loved their food and have tried to find it here in Australia. There are of course many Thai restaurants but do they stack up to the original? Debatable.
When we were in Vietnam I actually hated the food, there were weird offerings. The one I remember was pigs uterus. Needless to say I didn't partake. But we went to an Italian restaurant in Nah Trang and had the best Ravioli I have ever had. Still I seek that perfection, silky pasta with ricotta and spinach. The sauce was to die for. Maybe it was so nice because of all the terrible food I'd had to deal with for two weeks.
When the kids were young though, Pizza Hut was the go to place. Red and white checked tablecloths and Pizza. I always had Deep Dish Cavatini. Mmm.
When we arrived in Perth after a 36 hour flight from England and a long night in a reception centre, we were looking for somewhere to live. A real Estate agent took us to look at houses. We said we were starving and we stopped at Hungry Jacks for a Whopper Burger. That hamburger was the best thing I've ever eaten in my whole life. That was in 1972 and that chain of restaurants had only just started in Australia.
So on reflection I guess the best restaurants are the ones that feed you when you're absolutely starving!

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013729-Food