*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013974-Woah-What-a-question
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1013974 added July 20, 2021 at 7:28am
Restrictions: None
Woah! What a question
PROMPT July 20th

Write a letter to an old friend or lover that you’ll never send.

Dear Kerry,
I haven’t seen you now for forty five years. Ever since we, that is John and I, and you and your husband went to the fireman’s ball.
I asked if you’d like to come with us to the dance and you said you would love to. I paid for the tickets, we both organised baby sitters. So excited were we to be going out to a fancy do. A chance to dress up, forget the kids and kick up our heels.
We had a good time, we danced had a few too many drinks, but that was great. We deserved it.
Then your husband started getting too friendly with me. It was okay though, he was a little drunk. I laughed it off.
The next day I dropped in to see you to dish the dirt after I dropped off Sarah at school. But you wouldn’t answer the door. You wouldn’t answer my calls.
And that was that! My best friend. You never spoke to me ever again. You didn’t even pay me for the tickets!
What happened, Kerry? I never understood, never got over the hurt.


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1013974-Woah-What-a-question