*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014037-Same-sex-marriage
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1014037 added July 21, 2021 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
Same sex marriage
PROMPT July 21st

Your son(daughter) just gave you the surprise of your life when they brought their same-sex significant other home to meet you.
What is your reaction? Are you shocked, pleased, in denial?
How would you handle this?

I wouldn't say I would be completely happy for them. I think their lives will be just a little harder than it needs to be.
However saying that, these days same sex marriages are so much more normalised than they used to be. Personally it wouldn't affect me. Everyone deserves to be happy and if having partner of the same sex does it for them so be it.
Even having a child in a same sex partnership is so easy these day. IVF is there for everyone regardless of their status. So that element can be discounted.
Australia was the second country in the world to agree to same sex marriage, but the division in the community that the vote caused was not nice. It brought to the fore the discrimination that still exists and that I would want to protect a child of mine from.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014037-Same-sex-marriage