*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014177-Im-Flipping-Want-Some
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1014177 added July 23, 2021 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
I'm Flipping; Want Some?
For an introduction to this blog post, a newsfeed bumper: "Note: In today's installment of Solving The World&..."

Satire of a fake meeting of people(s) that should get together and talk, because more dialogue is what we need:

United States: China, may we see your Wuhan lab?
China: No.
United States: That's disappointing, because we smell a bat.
WHO: The virus likely came from an animal.
China: Yes, that.
US Senator Lindsay Graham: There's evidence it was genetically mutated in a lab.
Dr. Fauci: We didn't fund that and you're a liar, LG.
China: Well, all we know is there's nothing to see here. Go check the rest of the world for your bat.
Me: I'm making pancakes for breakfast.

What does anything have to do with anything? They're not open to an investigation. It's like people looking at the ceiling when they should look at the ground, as the audience yells, 'He's behind you!' before the unwitting are killed. What's the point of caring, investing in this public drama? Anyone want pancakes?

What's the point of sharing all of this in the media? In this age, our devotion is divided between which bachelor she should choose and the financial freedom of a has-been pop star. When we don't really have a hand in world policy, stuck choosing between the lesser of two evils for public office.

I have money, lots of free time. I spend where return makes me happiest. I'm not a part of the ignorance and I'm not a part of the process. I've been an unwitting sideline fan who's tried to be a participant. I was a journalist, giving me unique insights to how information is disseminated and couldn't control the flow of information any better than the guy flipping food on a grill.

I write here. Yeah, blah, blah, blah is all I see after I type and move on to the next. I read what others have to share. I see a lot of blah, blah but also what I can add to my arsenal of dull cutlery (an expression for anything learned I can't do anything with). I add everything witnessed to an ongoing, circumstantial, subjective truth brewing part in imagination and a little place I'd like to believe is reality.

I like maple syrup with mine.

I suppose I could always waffle on this subject.

Embrace the ignorance and thank Allah we'll all be dead soon (okay, that was dark and I want to say racist? I'll leave it to the PC squad to get online and fix me, working with parts/transistors from the black and white television era),

Brian
Undeclared, sort of

7.23.21


© Copyright 2021 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014177-Im-Flipping-Want-Some