*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014323
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2241557
Poems and prose for various contests over the course of the decade.
#1014323 added July 25, 2021 at 6:24pm
Restrictions: None
Pool Party
The surface of the pool glistened. A welcome retreat on the other side of the fence and since there was no one around, I climbed over and made myself comfortable on the floating lemon lounger that had been circling around and around the cool surface.

I called a few of my pals who were only too happy to make an appearance. Both of them figured the iced water would be a sweet treat. Alphie, a buddy they brought with them, was content to sit on the fence and watch us flounder and sputter in the cool liquid.

We had been having such a grand time, we didn't hear the commotion that sent the pool's water trembling. Alphie was the first to take off. Jimmy and Ralph struggled to get their barings. I managed to zip out just as the lounger flipped and caught Jimmy; pushing him under the water's surface. I hoped he'd be alright, but there was no way I was going to check. We'd been trespassing as it was.

Ralph, I noticed, was long gone.

I heard a shriek just as I made it over the fence. I looked back to see Jimmy being fished out. His body sailed through the air. Slamming into the fence below me. He sputtered and let out a dozing buzz as he fell to the soft grass below.

Everyone for themselves, I thought, speeding up to make my get away.

"Get the bug spray, Gerry. The bloody flies are in my drink. Ghastly things. You can't leave it for a moment... and I need another Lemontini!"

Word Count = 264.

Notes

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014323