*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014716
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1014716 added July 29, 2021 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
So you think you own your son's virginity.
In some cultures parents own their children. Who they choose as friends or lovers is subject to parental approval.

To the point of death.

We read about honor killings where a brother or cousin will kill his deflowered sister who dared to marry outside of caste, class or religion. They kill rather than have the family bear the shame.

But it's not only women at risk.

Men compose about 7% of those fleeing from honor killings.

And it's not only Pakistan (Sindh) that is being confronted with this issue.

There are hate-groups globally, many disguised as religious communities, who seek to limit a person's control over their own body.

That's called body integrity.

And it's under assault.

Men and women are being restricted to narrow definitions of gender and masculinity/femininity, including in the USA where states have all but made it illegal to be trans-sexual. Women cannot control pregnancy; men must hide.

In Ghana the Christians are leading the way. Just as they are in Poland and Hungary. So much for Christian notions of "Love".

Many are confronted with the reality that their gonads are owned by others, their gender predetermined and defined.

For all intents and purposes they are property.

~260 words

Posted in "Blogville

An article on the globalization of hatred: https://harvardpolitics.com/globalizing-hatred/


767

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014716