*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015566-Koming-out-of-Kovid-and-Kovid-Konsernz
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#1015566 added August 12, 2021 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
Koming out of Kovid and Kovid Konsernz
I huddled in the deepest darkest corners of my cave during the Years of The Kovid. I barely ventured out. For an extrovert/introvert like me I just curled up and depression-napped.

So... I've poked my head out. Still dangerous for some ... like old-timer me. By interacting with people today, by taking a long walk in the heat yesterday, I'm hopeful that I can rejoin society soon. When I'm not napping (hibernating or estivating) I'm a social bear. I'm busiest in spring and autumn.

Missoula has sidewalk dining and now that the sidewalk across the bridge acts like promenade to view the river kayakers/surfers/tubers not to forget the sunset it's a wonderful place for people meeting and viewing. Today I stopped in at the Break Espresso to see friends, checked my post office box and dropped off a postcard to Neva in Nevada, strolled through Butterfly Herbs, spoke with a different friend, bought two books on Thai and Thailand at Shakespeare & Co. When I got back Angie was sitting with Billie Jo so I sat with them.

That should be enough for today.

Joy mentioned that Paris was a great place to people watch. It is. Other good places to sit and watch: Storgata in Lillehammer, Norway; Mother Tereza Mall in Prishtina, Kosovo; Manuel Antonio Beach in Costa Rica (and most small town central squares like the ones in Grecia, Ciudad Quesada, Perez Zeledon, Heredia); Lotus Pond in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Ueno Park in Tokyo, Japan... hope to travel again soon. Her blog entry today "August 12, 2021 inspired the above.

But.

Our covid numbers are soaring in Montana. Eastern Montana has been spared but after the rumble and roar in Sturgis, South Dakota, that may change. Some counties are only 25% vaxxed.

393 new cases today. We were down to 50/day. 30% of those hospitalized die. Our hospitalizations are up. The center of the outbreaks is Flathead County (Kalispell/Glacier Park) which is still only 40% vaxxed due to anti-vaxxers.

Why should I be concerned. Anti-government folks here will say that it's none-of-my-business what they do or don't do. But it is, it is. I'm an old bear with not the best pair of legs nor lungs. I can't outrun covid. I shouldn't have to.

I'm thinking of my options: a place where people are less scientifically-challenge or just never going out.

Kovid Konsernz in Mississippi as beds run out:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-re-going-to-see-a-lot-of-deaths-covid-leave...

~390 words
Posted in "Blogville
1136

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015566-Koming-out-of-Kovid-and-Kovid-Konsernz