*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015622-Masks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1015622 added August 14, 2021 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Masks?
So the state of Illinois is threatening schools that refuse to mandate mask wearing with multiple fines and loss of accreditation. They will not be allowed to participate in sports and their students will not be allowed to apply for state sponsored scholarships.State funding can be withheld for the districts. I don't care where you fall on this issue, but this is government overreach at its finest.From the very beginning of this pandemic they have politicized this historical event. If from the very beginning of this mess the CDC would have come out and said, "Listen up, we have some very serious stuff happening in the world right now. We beg you to work with us by doing your part. Wear your masks, get your shot, stay home when possible, and be considerate of others. We don't know all the answers but we will keep you informed as best we can." When you start ordering people to comply, the battle lines are drawn. Americans have a long history of government distrust and this only serves to fuel the fire.

I have my shot and I wear my mask, so please know that I am not advocating disorder. I just see this as a reason for many very tired people to continue arguing with the rationale of it all and to continue to distrust our officials. Would it not have been better to approach people on a more humanity based level. Such as, " We have heard you, you want your kids back in school and we do too. We want to make it the safest learning experience possible. Let's get them back where they belong, first with their masks in place. And we will continue to evaluate the necessity throughout the year. Let's work together on this. Our kids need an education, first and foremost.We may need masks the entire year, but we will decide together."

I am so worried about what this new mandate will bring for our state. There are hard heads on each side of the debate, but truly walking the middle line and helping one another will be better for society in the long run. What is happening in your part of the country?

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015622-Masks