*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015942-Day-3203-Friendship
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1015942 added August 21, 2021 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Day 3203: Friendship
DAY 3203 August 21, 2021

“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.” ― Henri Nouwen,

Your thoughts about friendship:


Friendship does not segregate in any manner. Some of my best friends are not even human. But as for those friends of the people-kind... It takes a special person to get through my barriers and win my trust enough for me to actually give them the moniker, "friend". Those are the relationships which withstand the tests of time, distance, and differences. There's a feeling of comfort being around these people that doesn't dissipate over years of being apart. There's an ability to pick up right where you left off, like miles and years never passed you by. Friends won't ostracize you for thinking differently or acting differently; for having opinions, beliefs, and dreams unlike theirs. These are people who are easy to talk to. They embrace and oftentimes celebrate your oddities and absurdities. They listen and are supportive but are not afraid to tell you the truth about matters, not afraid to share their opinion when theirs is different from yours. They've got your back when you need it and don't hide their troubles from you. Friendship is a give and take of love, care, honesty, and time. It should be effortless for the most part.

Throughout my life, I have been blessed with at least a handful of these. Some I have had for over forty years, others have come into my life more recently. Many of them do not share my beliefs or my opinions concerning many things but somehow, these differences are not obstacles to our friendships. These gentlemen ad ladies have proven time and again that nothing will stand in the way of our friendship, not time, or differences, or distance, or disease, or trouble, or even new relationships. True friendship is a bond that cannot be broken. And I thank the ones in my life for teaching me these truths.

LeJenD'Poet - Just ME

girl with pencil

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1015942-Day-3203-Friendship