*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016228-With-Head-In-The-Clouds
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1016228 added August 27, 2021 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
With Head In The Clouds
BCOF Day 3209 27 August, 2021 - "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." ― John Lubbock.

Most of us as adults forget what it was like to simply lay on the grass and be one with nature. When's the last time you laid on the grass and looked up at the clouds? Did you try to identify different cloud shapes or simply just absorb the beauty? How did you feel?


         I love laying on my back in the grass. It is a great way to relax and ground yourself. When I lay on the ground, I not only look to the sky and its clouds and/or stars, I also imagine that all the negative energies and feelings inside of me are being pulled out of me into the ground. It leaves me feeling calmer and more refreshed and has, on more than one occasion, helped ease pain.
         I also love looking toward the heavens. I guess you could say that I am a girl with my head in the clouds. But there is such beauty to be seen there! So much that still instills feelings of awe and wonder in me - even after all these years. Watching the aerial dances of birds and dragonflies, the movement of the clouds as they scuttle through the sky ever changing their shapes as they go, the dance of the stars at night and maybe even getting to see a shooting star or two, and seeing the moon in all her phases and how those phases change with each passing day. Yeah, I guess I do have my head in the clouds.
         And to lie under the trees and look up through their branches and leaves is an experience in and of itself. How you can see each separate leaf as it rustles in the wind, the sighing sound they make as they shiver amongst one another, the green of the leaves as seen from underneath and how you can almost see light through each one as the sun shines upon them. And watching all the critters that call the trees home as they go about their daily lives, squirrels playfully chittering, woodpeckers busily knocking holes in the sides of the trees, other birds coming and going from branch to branch and tree to tree, and the thousands of insects working tirelessly to take sustenance back to their holes and hives - the cycles of life that would normally pass us by because we tend to focus on humanity rather than widening our senses to include the world around us. Have a peaceful day folks. Go lay in the grass and look up at the sky.

LeJenD' - Just Jenn

girl with laptop


© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016228-With-Head-In-The-Clouds