*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016256-Sad-News-in-Town
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1016256 added August 27, 2021 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Sad News in Town


Not much new to report. Now as I type that, there is a sad tale.

I knew this one lady when I went to Physical Therapy a few years ago here in town. She was the receptionist. Sweet lady - and since you don't know her, and neither she nor her family I would hazard to guess are on this site, I will let you know her name is Krissy. I just heard a few days ago that Krissy is now in the hospital, non-responsive.

She is probably about 35-40. She was at a photo session with her daughter, for senior high school pictures. She collapsed, went to the hospital. She had seizures, then she had strokes after an aneurysm. Now she is non-responsive. Those are the facts I've been able to glean from at least three different people.

How sad, for her daughter with her at the time, her other, younger daughter, her husband, the extended family that is now gathering.

An aside, her husband fell off a roof a few years ago, he's in construction. His company did work for us. He said he will never be 100% healed after that fall. I can't imagine the agony he is now experiencing.

One moment you're happy, enjoying your child, discussing life and the future, the next your family is deciding on a future possibly without you.

First of all, this hits home for me. My second husband had an aneurysm and a subsequent stroke. He survived, but was in the hospital for some time and never was the same. It was a time of great emotional and physical stress for me. A time in my life I cannot look back on with any great comfort.

If anything, this recent episode once again points out the importance of living each day as if it may be your last. Don't ever take for granted you will live for another day or hour or minute. Say 'I love you' more often. Call your family more often. Enjoy each day and find fun and enjoyment in whatever you do.

And for us writers, don't procrastinate! Write every day. If you have an idea, get it out there. Don't let that idea die!

*HeartB* *HeartP* *HeartBroken* *HeartP* *HeartB*







© Copyright 2021 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Queen NormaJean Greeneyes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016256-Sad-News-in-Town