*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016668
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2257181
Random things to be aware of.
#1016668 added September 3, 2021 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
A Forgotten Birthday: Day 3
A Forgotten Birthday

The day was 29th February 2004 when Sara was born. But she never regretted being a leap year baby, instead, she enjoyed the fact. Her parents celebrated her birthday on 14th March every non-leap year so she could celebrate together with Albert Einstein.

"Wake up Sara. It's already 10 o'clock" her mother shouted, snatching away the blanket from Sara.

"Five minutes mom..." a feeble sleepy sound came from under the pillow.

"It's too much! Get up right now or I'll call your father" this was all her mother could threat her with.

Sara got up at once, taking her messed up hair behind her ears. While brushing her teeth, she peeped at the calendar. "Oh my God! It's 29 February 2020. It's my sixteenth birthday." She jumped, screamed and danced with all cheerfulness.

"I will wear the beautiful red gown tonight which I saw last Christmas, hanging outside the shop. My appreciation will dazzle my friends. Father must have booked the K.L. Panda Barbecue for me. It's a blessing to eat there. Yay! I will put on the prettiest make-up and steal the party" thought Sara while attending her boring maths lecture.

"Stand up Sara" her teacher, Mr Murthy ordered. "Go and solve the problem on the board."

She was unable to do that as she wasn't paying any attention. This made her the jester of the class. Her mood turned down.

In the school bus, which she had imagined everyone wishing her 'happy birthday, not a single person bothered her. It was a pretty usual day. Nonetheless, she was excited for the night.

"Mom, I am home!"

"Go wash your face and come back to have lunch."

"Is there anything special mom?" she asked with a wide smile on her face.

"You'll get to know once you come here to eat."

It was the usual salad lunch. Sara's excitement was reduced to half by then. She immediately went to her room and brought the calendar.

"Mom, do you see anything special this month?"

"Keep Quiet. Don't talk while eating Sara. I know all your tantrums of not eating salad."

Sara was highly disappointed. But she thought, " What's big if mom had forgotten my birthday, daddy will still remember and buy me a present."

Seeing no sign, no excitement and no preparations till evening, she thought that it's the end of the world. Then, she stepped on a bill from K.L. Panda Barbecue, a large table was reserved. She rejuvenated and danced.

"Yuppie! I knew that daddy cannot forget my birthday."

It was 9 o'clock by now and no one was ready to go.

"It's time to end the surprise now. Let's get ready and go party. I already know that you two have planned something for me" Sara vent out in frustration.

"What plans Sara?"

"Ah! Disgusting! Stop acting now. Aren't we going to the restaurant for my birthday?"

"Yes dear, but your birthday is on 14th March, right? ...."


Word count: 497 words

© Copyright 2021 Vaishali (UN: luriepark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vaishali has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016668