*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016975-Blog-Relay-Day-7
by bas
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #2257543
A place to store all the blog realy bday bash items
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1016975 added September 7, 2021 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Blog Relay Day 7
Nikki and Rupal picked up the cake delivered from the door and then looked at each other, they were not sure what they had planned was going to work, but they hoped that it did.

"Are you sure about the song ? He gets so irritated with any sort of sound." Rupal placed the cake on the table and looked at Nikki with a worried look.

"He used to love this song so much, can't we just try ?" Nikki was as unsure as Rupal was but a bit more hopeful.

"How things have changed in five years." Rupal placed a candle on the cake and recalled the last time they had celebrated their grandfather's birthday properly. House full of family members, laughing, recalling their fond memories with grandfather.

"According to doctor things will get worse soon." Nikki added, holding back a tear. She could not believe their jovial happy grandfather had lost all his memories and become someone who was nowhere close to his old self.
"Lets hope we can get this one day he comes back to us." Rupal lighted the candle and looked at the closed door of grandfather's room, hoping he will remember them, he will remember his birthday .

The nurse walked out of his room and nodded at them "He is calm now. May the right time to try it."
"Hope we don't make it too inconvenient for him." Nikki commented as both of them thanked the nurse as they walked into the room, he was sitting on the table staring out of the window.

"Rupal do you know what is the date today?" Nikki spoke loud enough to make sure he heard it clearly.
"25th January Nikki,isn't it a special day?"
"Yes, Its grandpas birthday." On cue, Nikki turned his favorite song.

Their grandfather showed no reaction as both of them walked near him with the cake in hand, he continued to stare out of the window with a blank expression.

Placing the cake in front of him both of them whispered together "Happy birthday grandpa."

"What ruckus is this, who is playing this stupid song." He looked at both of them visibly irritated by the sound.

"Grandpa its us, Nikki and Rupal" Nikki stopped the song immediately
"Who ? "
Rupal stopped Nikki from saying anything more, she knew the more they pushed him remember the more it would trouble him.
"We just brought some cake for you, its our grandpa's birthday" Rupal added, managing to put on a smile.
He looked at the cake blankly in silence.
"Do you want to taste it ?" Nikki hoped that she could at least make him eat his favorite cake.
"No I don't want to, leave me alone now" turning back to the window he showed no interest in the cake or listening to them.

"We are sorry for bothering you." Rupal almost whispered holding back her tears as they hurried out of the room.

The nurse made his bed and put his medicines next to him "Take these,it will make you feel better Mr Bakshi."
"Oh I feel great today, See my grand daughters have sent me a cake for my birthday." Bakshi pointed at the cake with a huge smile on his face.


Word Count : 544
Note


*Snow3* *Snow3*bas *Snow3* *Snow3*

© Copyright 2021 bas (UN: ba_satish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016975-Blog-Relay-Day-7