*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017089-Vignette---Another-Attempt
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1017089 added September 9, 2021 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Vignette - Another Attempt
Lisa sat at her dining table, drinking her morning coffee after she had eaten breakfast. Some people read the newspaper during this time, but she always liked reading in her Bible.

As she sat reading, she was also quietly praying within herself today would be a good day. Emotionally, Lisa felt drained. It had been a couple of weeks since her husband of 22 years had passed away. She was tired of grieving, tired of feeling alone.

She could feel the sun on her skin as it shined through the window. She could hear a mocking bird somewhere in the distance or was it a cardinal, she couldn't be sure. Then she looked up for a moment and saw a sparrow in her rosebush outside the window. She thought about the song she and her husband liked to sing in church together, “His Eye Is On The Sparrow”.

She looked back down to continue reading, and her eyes fell upon the next two verses in Luke chapter 12 where she was reading from, “ 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”.

At that moment, Lisa felt God's presence with her. She knew he had a plan for her life and a purpose for her still being upon this earth. She was valuable in God's eyes.

Lisa had no idea what the rest of her life would be like without her husband in it with her, but she had found the strength to carry on. She knew she wasn't alone. She knew God would be with her every step of the way.



Word count 297


a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017089-Vignette---Another-Attempt