*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017441-Cooking-with-love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1017441 added September 15, 2021 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
Cooking with love
September 15 Prompt: We've all cooked meals at one time or another. What was the most memorable meal you've prepared? Tell us who you prepared it for, and the occasion that caused you to prepare this meal.


That would be ham (a 5-pounder from a can, as I'm lousy at carving), mashed potatoes (Yes, instant; Yes, I know), yams, green beans, corn on the cob, dinner rolls, and cranberry jelly for Christmas dinner in 2018. I'd made nice-ish dinners before, mostly one of a few varieties of quiche that seem to go over well, but I'd also been a major contributor to dinner preparations for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners over the years.

This particular meal was memorable at the time, because three of our four daughters were able to attend; our eldest just couldn't make it from northern New York. It was also memorable, in that I did all the work, so my wife would be able to relax with our kids and not have to exert herself. It was made even more memorable by her passing two months later, since it was the last major holiday she would share with us.



Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017441-Cooking-with-love