*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017480-Feeling-a-little-stuck
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2244016
A place to keep my personal goals and record progress.
#1017480 added September 15, 2021 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling a little stuck
Ok, I am working on this diet plan and a game to make it fun. I kind of want to do puzzles and a board game. What I am stuck on is deciding how to measure progress and how to divide up and determine moves. I am thinking of making challenges on the game board.

Maybe the puzzle pieces could be awarded for completing those challenges. Every time a daily goal is made, we could roll the dice 🎲 to determine the number of spaces to move. Once we complete the challenge of the space we land on, then we get a puzzle piece.

The challenge and idea is to complete as many puzzles as we can while working towards the overall goal. In reality we are in competition with ourselves. We are all working towards a different goal. This will allow the process to last as long as we need it to. We can also use it to maintain weight or work towards other goals. It's weird how things come to me a lot when I write like this.

Ok, now that I figured that out, I need to create the game board. I am going to leave puzzle size/piece amount up to the individual. You can use a real puzzle from the store, a picture from my profile, or another picture. We would just have to cut up the picture into our own pieces. You can work the puzzle like normal or put the pieces in a container to draw one out as we earn them.

Then we can journal and share our progress, failures, challenges, worries, recipes, etc... I am not sure how to make the game board printable though. Hmmm! Maybe I can put the squares on index cards, take pictures of them and make them printable that way. Then you can glue the pieces to a cut out of card board or poster board or just tape them together over a flat surface. Make yourself a game piece. If it is done on a bulletin board, you could probably use a push pin. Get creative. You can make a card board or paper cut out. Use a toy soldier. Use a thimble, coin, or button. Once we get it all set up, we can get this thing started.

The other thing I am working to figure out (and writing this out has helped with this too) is I am trying to create a daily guide on how to follow along with me. I got hung up on day 4 for about 5 days now. I will iron it all out. And once I do, I will post it all in my forum and make it available to everyone. I need to iron out all the kinks.



a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017480-Feeling-a-little-stuck