*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017600-September-17-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1017600 added September 17, 2021 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
September 17, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: Do I allow myself to be taught through God’s word how to overcome pain, weakness and challenges?"

I am not sure I follow the question. I believe it is asking if I learn that the secret to being joyous and positive even in the midst of trials and pain is reliance on God's word. I agree with that 100%. I know there are many scriptures in God's word that come to mind when I am in the midst of a trial. One is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Many Christians do not realize that if they are living lives of peace and tranquility they are not living Christian lives. Jesus said that those who followed Him would suffer persecution. Last night in Church History II for my graduate class we studied William Tyndale. Many do not know that 80% of the words we read in English translations today were originally translated by William Tyndale. His reward for doing so was that He was strangled and then burned at the stake. Due to the fact he was a former priest, they did not burn him alive.

Jesus said that His followers would be persecuted for believing in Him. I see this happening all the time. It happens when a shop owner is sued for saying "no" to baking a cake or catering a dinner for a gay marriage. It happens to me when I would love to become certified to perform marriages but choose not to become bonded so I can avoid being sued for refusing to perform a gay wedding. It's not that I personally care that a couple is gay, but God says it is sin. I also find my hands bound at work due to the separation of church and state. Since I am a chaplain for the state of West Virginia, there are things I simply cannot do without drawing the State into a violation of the constitution. This is all persecution.


For my blog "Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Magnum, PI, Tom Selleck, the one and only Magnum! We landed on this planet where TheBusmanPoet
 
STATIC
Decisions  (E)
When one comes along. You have to decide.
#2195586 by TheBusmanPoet


Write about this in your Blog entry today.

I agree that decisions can be difficult. I have taken years to make a decision on some issues and was miserable until I did so. Usually, decisions for me are impulsive but I stick to them.


Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards


© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017600-September-17-2021