*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017687-Scripture-Journaling-help
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2258133
Making weight loss fun one day at a time
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1017687 added September 18, 2021 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Scripture Journaling help
I found this study online and paid for it because I was interested in what it was about. My desire is to glorify God in what I eat and everything I do. I have been praying and asking God, “How do I glorify you in my diet?" This study gave me some ideas and tools to do this with. Here is what it says about Scripture journaling for weight loss. It did come with study sheets, but I think it can still be done in a regular journal or on regular notebook paper. I am thinking I will journal here so I can share with you my journey.

How to Use the Journal

The following daily study sheets are designed to guide you from the big picture to daily application. As you follow the prompts, you’ll hone in on your heart condition and then food choices, ultimately choosing a way to apply your scripture right away!

Here is an overview of each section:

1. Write Out Your Verse

Use this space to write out the verse of the day word-for-word.

2. Tools Used

Note any resources you used to further your study. Having a box to check makes pulling out all the stops even more fun!

3. Summarize the Message 

You may use this space to summarize the verse of the day, the paragraph, or the chapter. If the author had to reduce his message to a sentence or two, what would he say? Use your own words and have fun with it.

4. How is This Different From How I Think, Feel, and Act?

Examine your worldview. Oftentimes we will say we feel one way but our thoughts and behaviors tell a different story. Take note. No judgment— just observation, please.

5. How Can I Change My Thoughts & Actions to Reflect This Truth? 

This is why we step away from judgment— we’re looking to change! Allow the Holy Spirit to convict you in this step and notice the JOY that comes along with His guidance.

(if you feel deflated, that’s condemnation; it’s not helpful— kick it to the curb!).

6. How Does This Truth Speak to How I Eat & Move? 

Take a moment to look for specific application in your food and fitness life.

7. What is God Asking Me to Do? 

Listen for His gentle and loving prompts. Follow your peace.

8. How Will I Apply This to My Life Today?

Brainstorm a concrete plan, including times, actions, and desired outcomes. Look ahead for challenges and apply your Word in due season.


Copied from GRACE FILLED PLATE

Here are the journaling questions listed above by themselves to make it easy to copy and paste into your own journal entry.

1. Write Out Your Verse



2. Tools Used



3. Summarize the Message 



4. How is This Different From How I Think, Feel, and Act?



5. How Can I Change My Thoughts & Actions to Reflect This Truth? 



6. How Does This Truth Speak to How I Eat & Move? 



7. What is God Asking Me to Do? 



8. How Will I Apply This to My Life Today?



How to Use the Reflections

Weekly Reflections are a time for you to organize your week of study into a package you won't forget! God’s Word never changes and it proves itself, always.
By reviewing your entire week at once you will see His guidance more clearly. And, you’ll grow deeper in love with Him as you notice how He takes the time to deeply commune and communicate with you.

Here is an overview of each section:

1. Summarize the Week:

Use this space to review your daily journal sheets, skimming or studying for a word or sentence that really stands out to you. Then write it down next to its numbered day.

2. What theme or thread do I see? 

This part is a lot of fun! Looking back, do you a common thread or lesson amongst your studies? Maybe God is calling you to trust Him more or lay a burden down.

3. What characteristic of God do I most celebrate this week? 

(What about God is making your heart swoon this week? Even if you are not feeling giddy, what about God do you most appreciate and admire this week?) From His patience to His unconditional love, hone in and praise Him for who He is!

4. What WINS did I have this week?

(What went well?) Even if you think nothing did, I challenge you to list 3 things. I promise you, if you look hard enough, the wins are there! Then, when your mind starts looking for wins, you’ll get more excited about creating them!

5. What is the Holy Spirit prompting me to work on?

Are you feeling a nudge? As you look over the personalized lessons from the week, do you sense God prompting you to work with Him on a particular area of your life?
Take note and maybe even make an Action Plan!

6. What is something I learned this week that I want to remember, always? 

What is a Golden Nugget you mined this week? Imagine you compiled a book of these life-changing truths to hold on to or hand over to your children. It's your “Best of” reel.


Also copied from GRACE FILLED PLATE


Here are a copy of the weekly reflection questions alone to copy and paste if you need them.

1. Summarize the Week:



2. What theme or thread do I see? 



3. What characteristic of God do I most celebrate this week? 



4. What WINS did I have this week?



5. What is the Holy Spirit prompting me to work on?



6. What is something I learned this week that I want to remember, always? 


a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.
© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017687-Scripture-Journaling-help