*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017689-Today-In-A-Nutshell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1017689 added September 18, 2021 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
Today In A Nutshell
September 18th prompt: Take us through a day in your life at your job/career.
         Today, 10:10ish: Emily awakened me via a text. I heard the chirpy "hello" generated by a Minion voice and I fumbled for my cell phone. My eyes opened reluctantly to read,"When do you want me to come over?"
         Not fully functioning my fingers stabbed at the teeny tiny keyboard. After a few attempts at sounding coherent and an equal number of erasures, I punched in a reply. I advised my grandgiggle I was just waking up. I was hinting I needed time to clear the cobwebs.
         Within a few minutes: Emily texted,
"Well doesn't have to be now. Just whenever you want me to come." Thinking this was the extent of our communication I rolled over and dozed off.
         Again the Minion summoned me. "Want me to stay for a sleepover?"
         With a sigh I forced my weary eyes open again. Obviously I needed to answer Emily. Before I composed something I read her Mom would drop her off. I relied on the ever reliable short 'okay, when?"
         10:50ish: Em texted, "On my way." I thanked her for the warning and rolled out of bed.
         Thus began my Saturday. Perhaps I shouldn't have stayed awake binge-watching a Britbox series until 2:a.m.
         By the time Em breezed in, I'd shrugged into clothes and started to sip a hot cup of tea. She wanted to know our itinerary for the day. Ah, plans had to be made.
         Together we decided to visit the local fall fair and gathered the foray necessities; sunglasses, keys, and cell phones to snap pics. As we were leaving, hubby who was supposed to be on an extended road trip phoned to ask if I had any plans for the day.
         Long story short yet another transport had broken down and he wanted a lift to recover a new rig. Ah, I'd be a chauffeur.
         First, Em and I sauntered amongst the exhibits at the fair savouring the glorious sunshine and people-watching.
         Our road trip ate another three hours of our afternoon . Em acted as the D.J. selecting saved tunes from her phone and played through the car's bluetooth system. I heard music new to me and I liked it. Easy, carefree lesson...
         Back in the vicinity of home, we decided to partake of more fresh air. We strolled down to the nearby lakefront intending to snap more photos. The glimmering water, the sun rays, the floating ducks, all posed for us. Vibrants reds, yellows, and purples beckoned to us in the form of waving blooms.
         At home, Em searched online for a movie she was sure I'd enjoy. Her instincts were spot on and we laughed through it. The film's premise was based on a favourite childhood book her father had loved.
         Next we prepared a stir-fry for supper chattering all the while.
         Now I am composing this blog as Em sits beside me urging me to pay attention to "the good parts" in the Netflix series "The Umbrella Academy." Our together time continues...
         This is but a day in my semi-retired life. Emily and I share another "sleep-me-over."

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017689-Today-In-A-Nutshell