*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017708-Starting-Over
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1017708 added September 19, 2021 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Starting Over
It seems like ages since I sat down and entered anything into this blog. A number of things have transpired since I took pen and paper and jotted down my thoughts.

Over the last few months I've been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in my colon. I was operated on September 1 and was in the hospital for 3 days. The surgery was successful and they took out the surrounding lymph nodes. After I came home I took 2 Eliquise tab on Saturday. Later that evening I noticed I was passing blood in my stool. It continued on Sunday and was admitted into the hospital for 3 days. Once the bleeding stopped everything went back to normal. I will see my cardiologist on Monday and he should recommend a Oncologist in the High Desert I can go to, for Chemo treatments.

While this was going on, my Mother fell and fractured her hip. She was in the Hospital for a week and was taken to a rehab facility. At 95 she didn't do to well and started going down hill. We brought her back to the board and care place she had been living at and Hospice was brought in to keep her comfortable. She passed on September 14, and will be laid to rest on September 30 next to my father.

My wife and 2 daughters will be going down to Rainbow Board and Care to clean out my mothers room. This shouldn't take too long and we will go and have lunch before we go back home. We will also stop by the Mortuary and drop off a dress Lou picked up for my Mom. Once this is completed we won't need to come back down to the valley, except for my mom's funeral.

October 1, 2021 will start a new chapter in our lives. I've been going down to my moms since 2006 on a regular basis and that has now come to an end.

We are now truly Desert Dwellers.

Life is Good - God Bless




© Copyright 2021 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017708-Starting-Over