*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017922-30-Day-922--923-BCOF-923-and-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1017922 added September 23, 2021 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
30-Day 9/22 & 9/23, BCOF 9/23, and Life
BCOF Insignia
DAY 3236 September 23, 2021
It's still in the 90's here in Vegas, yet it's technically fall and I was craving pumpkin bread. Does anyone think fall and crave fall foods? What's your favorite go to fall dessert?

Fall is my favorite season of the year. The leaves turning colors and floating down from the branches, the coolness that the air eventually achieves, and the slight almost mushroom-like underlying scent of decay the leaves take on once they're on the ground. I also enjoy some of the fall scents found on grocery store aisles, but not in excess - I prefer to keep it natural when at all possible. But I also love things like pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. Fall is also a great time of the year for chili and stews and other heartier meals that seem too heavy during the warmer months of summer. And... I am also one of those strange souls who enjoys candy corn. I can't give a specific reason why, I've just always liked them.


.............................................................................................................................................................


The Original Logo.
I am answering yesterday's and today's prompts since I apparently fell asleep with my computer in my lap last night and never got yesterday's done (This is what happens when one decides to take on more than they can handle all at once)

PROMPT September 22nd
Do you have a 'Bucket List'? IF so, what's on it? If not, tell us what you would add to it when you start one.

I don't really have a bucket list, as I mentioned in my post on Sept. 19 of this year. I have just been trying to live each day as it comes, being grateful for every day I am given. Were I to start one, I might put some travel on it - like visiting Ireland, or more of Canada, or travelling the United States in an RV with the hubby and visiting all sorts of places and playing as many disc gold courses as we could along the way (I'd probably only be able to walk most of them while he played, but I would still very much enjoy it). Maybe I would put on the list to make amends to old friends for our tense parting of ways so many years ago. If I did indeed start a bucket list though, the top of my list would be to not let a single day pass without letting my friends and loved ones know how much I truly care for them.

PROMPT September 23rd
What life lessons do you believe everyone can benefit from learning?

I think that everyone can benefit from not always winning or getting what they want. There are always going to be letdowns in life, might as well get used to it. I also think a good life lesson is to be kind to others. The rewards for being kind to other people benefit both you and the person you are being kind to. Next, the lesson of hard work. Working hard for what you have and need in life gives a sense of accomplishment and pride that cannot be achieved if things are just given to a person. And honesty. Honesty is a big one. Small lies lead to bigger and bigger lies and lies to oneself. Lies ruin relationships and can alter a person's grasp of reality. On the more mundane side of things, learning how to budget finances can go a long way toward helping a person stay afloat in these uncertain times. There are tons more but, I'll let these be my response for now.

.............................................................................................................................................................


LIFE 9/23
My body is slowly getting used to the demands of working and being on my feet so much again. But, I am starting to find unexplained bruises on my arms and legs everywhere which the doctors warned me would happen when I first began having to take the blood thinners, but I had not experienced until now due to my lack of doing anything overly strenuous until now. I have been so tired lately too. I have to say, it is a nice feeling, this whole body exhaustion that only comes from exerting oneself. I was so tired when I returned home from work last night that I apparently fell asleep with laptop still in my lap. Yesterday at work was a bit of a challenge for me though. Not physically though. See, the woman who let me go from my last teaching job happened to come to my current place of employment. I honestly would probably still be teaching if she hadn't refused to renew my contract because of my disabilities. There was also a bit of tension because her school tried not to pay some of what they owed me until the courts ruled they had to. So, she walks in to the store. I had a decision to make right then. Do I treat her like all my other customers or should I treat her differently. I decided the best thing to do was treat her like I do everyone else. After all, it is not my place to judge people and for me, life has pretty much moved on. I can't say the same for her. She refused to make eye contact, wouldn't return my greeting, then hurried off into the store to shop. I felt sad for her; that she has been carrying this with her for over a year. It reminded me of when I held onto grudges and guilt alike. I only wish for her the freedom I felt from the weight of all that when I chose to just let it all go and move on. If you feel you did something wrong, make amends if you can and move on with your life. Have a blessed Thursday everyone.




© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017922-30-Day-922--923-BCOF-923-and-Life