*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018071-Heres-to-All-the-Anonymous-Givers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018071 added September 26, 2021 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
Here's to All the Anonymous Givers
Today I mowed my lawn...the last time I did, I struggled to push my mower around our 1/8 acre block, and it took me days to recover because meth sucks all the energy and life from you, leaving behind only misery and despair.

I was hoping my banged-up neighbour would be home and I could ask if he would mind if I did his lawn as well. I didn't think it would be a problem, but I didn't want to be overly presumptuous or make him feel as if he needed me to do that for him given his situation.

I kept looking for signs of life, but all was quiet and I assumed they had gone out, and so, I made the call, opened his gates, went inside and mowed his lawn (only the front because he owns two Pitbulls who I wasn't prepared to take a chance with out back).

The funny thing is, they arrived home later in the afternoon and as far as I can tell, haven't noticed their grass is shorter than it was when they left...LOL...and you know what, I won't be telling them a thing about it because the best way to pay it forward, is to do it without any expectation of recognition or reward.

I know the universe will balance things out and it matters not whether they ever realise because doing something for someone in need is a good deed indeed. It made me feel good about the world around me, and that is more than enough reward.

And tonight as I sit here, although absolutely knackered, is a better feeling than I ever got from taking meth...this IS my new life, and I'll be damned if I will give this back for some chemical high.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018071-Heres-to-All-the-Anonymous-Givers