*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018082-Fall-comes-with-more-madness-in-the-air
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1018082 added September 26, 2021 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Fall comes with more madness in the air
There is the hint of fall in the air and with the first whiff of crisp air, it feels refreshing. But I can't help but think that we are now going into our second winter of hopelessness and fear. I want to sniff the pumpkins, sit by the bonfires, huddle with friends and family roasting marshmallows, once more. I yearn to see fully the faces of those I cherish.I so long to have a mask burning party, like in the 60's we burned our Bra's because of the restrictions they represented. My mask has come to be a symbol of the segregation, anger, turmoil, and the dysfunction of our society. We have become solitary and isolated in our lives.Our joy is being suppressed by this virus, but also by the in-fighting among one another. I wear my mask because I believe in the science but never shall I attack someone because they choose differently. I got my shot because I am exposed to the virus on a daily basis. In this world of uncertainty, it gave me a measure of peace My greatest fear was bringing something home to my family. It was a personal choice, no one else's. So as our beautiful autumn unfolds, seek joy and share love with each other. Spend the moments of life laughing and not arguing about the events of the past two years. Let us move into the future together, eager to put away the masks by next Spring. But more importantly to return to a society of respectful and caring individuals. Just a side note of stories, to emphasize how much we have lost. I went to the store today and reached the door at the same time as another woman and I stepped back, held the door for her and let her enter first. It is a simple courtesy that I've always engaged. First, she looked at me as if I were nuts, and then she gushed kindness at me as if I had given her a bouquet of flowers. Second, my son was over visiting and we were sitting in the backyard. We noticed an elderly woman three doors down struggling to mow her overgrown lawn. My son hopped up and offered to finish her lawn, but sadly she rebuked his offer. I am sure it was out of fear and not being able to trust people. I long for the days neighbors were able to help one another without fear of being robbed or mugged. Having to be on guard at all times is more tiring then the masks we wear.

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018082-Fall-comes-with-more-madness-in-the-air