*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018110-Humble-is-the-Key
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018110 added September 26, 2021 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Humble is the Key
Man, I feel good today...if this is life, then count me in.

Of course, I know there will be days...questions...doubts and difficulties. And you know what? I am ready to embrace all of it because a bad day without addiction, beats the hell out of any day living with it.

The thing about meth is, it suppresses everything...time goes by so fast, and the people we love and care about leave just as quickly, which to a meth user, is not a bad thing at all because then we don't have to face the realities they bring. Meth is especially good at suppressing feelings...we simply don't care anymore...about our appearance, about our lives...about others...about anything except getting and using meth.

But, just under the surface of this denial, is a meth user's worst enemy...yet, greatest ally...love.

No matter how much meth we ingest, love can never be beaten into submission or killed off. All that happens is it waits for the right people to come along to show us that we are worthy...to show us care and respect, strength and dignity...the things we thought we were no longer capable of...the love we never thought we deserved.

And then, when we reach out and discover that you ARE there...hands we couldn't see through the fog and calamity of life as an addict...well, for me it has been overwhelming at times. The most important values an addict should embrace when seeking recovery are belief in ourselves, and belief in those who are there for us. Understanding that remaining humble is the key that will open the door to freedom.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018110-Humble-is-the-Key