*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018118
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2251604
This my first blog narrating my rising star experiences.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1018118 added September 27, 2021 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
A Meeting with Prime Minister
I have just brought the brim of cup near my mouth and titled it to have a sip when everyone came shouting and howling. I left my coffee on the table to watch the matter. The conference room is filling with spectators and reporters.
There are lights, camera, bodyguards, interviewers and intellectuals all gathered. I am standing at a corner, waiting to see the influential personality.

Jaw dropped! I can't believe my eyes so I pinched my hand to check. I rubbed my eyes and blinked again to confirm. Shri Narendra Modi is standing right in front of me with much crowd in between.

Everyone other is going closer to the prime minster of India. Some are rushing with their cameras ready and some are racing to get his signature. I too am very excited.

I am going closer to him.

"Move aside" is what I am saying to everyone around me. Between the rush and gush, I managed to get within his range. He saw me.

"Hello Lurie. I think I can recognise you. You are a young aspiring writer, right? I have read several of your works and let me tell you, Lurie, they pleased me very much."

My eyes widened. I am having goosebumps but I have to reply him. .

"Yes sir. It is an honour to meet you. You are an inspiration, admiration and the heart of the nation."

"This proves how good a writer you are."he said and gently patted my back with his old, mature hand.

I bowed him, " Thank you sir. I do not have words to express how escatic I feel standing beside you."

He responded to me with his constant elderly smile "And so am I. Child, you are a teenager, the future of our country. I see you have high ambitions and I like this."

He continued on saying, just as a father narrates his story to his son, "When I kid, I had high ambitions. I did not decided to be a political man but my aim was purely for nation's service. With a lot of hardwork and dedicated time, I can serve my nation rightly. For you my child, I am telling you, people are never so full of knowledge at any point of time, nor they have achieved their goal."

"Why do you say so, Sir? Are goals unachievable?"

"For those who have smaller goals, they can achieve them. But with people like you, who has to have bigger goals, you cannot. You asked me why so? Because at the moment you think you have achieved a goal, another sets in your mind and you start working for the bigger goal. That's the key to success. Always growing and improving from what we have achieved yesterday."

I drank the elixir of life. "Sir, your words are like pearls. It is a great talk with you....."

The interviewers interrupted and took him to the hall centre. But my meeting with Shri Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India is the one remarkable moment of my life.

Note

© Copyright 2021 Vaishali (UN: luriepark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vaishali has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018118