*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018176-Its-No-Longer-About-Us
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018176 added September 27, 2021 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
It's No Longer About Us
Meth is becoming 'less' in my life. Once upon a time, I would wake up and think about meth. Go to lunch thinking about meth...while I was thinking about meth, guess what I was thinking about?

In the last however many weeks (some people count the days weeks and months, but for some reason, I don't) I haven't used, these thoughts about meth have almost disappeared. Progress? Danger? Overconfidence or a drug just waiting for me to fall?

Whatever...my mind is now contemplating other issues, which keeps it busy and that has to be a good thing, right?

I don't know the answers to all the questions...one day at a time eventually becomes a week or a month...I mean at some stage I have to believe...truly believe that I will never use again? I can say the words, but I am no fool and realise they are just words if not backed up by real and absolute determination and commitment.

FEAR...I used to fear running out of meth, now I fear running into it again and not being strong enough to resist. Is this a healthy fear to have?

Fear has become a four-letter word, but without fear, can there still be respect?

Like we are supposed to fear a parent (wait until your father gets home was once upon a time a real thing)...or the fear of God.

Without consequence, we lose fear, and without fear...there can be no respect.

Look at what is happening in the world...this is not just my problem. Drugs are not the problem, I am the problem. WHY I use drugs is the real issue I need to tackle now.

Why is there so much civil disobedience now? Riots, mass shootings, terrorism and war? Why is it that we put our own interests above the interests of our own children and grandchildren?

Why can't we see what is happening and stop...at the most basic and fundamental level and stop polluting the very water we rely on for life?

Have we become so ineffectual and apathetic that we have given up? What use is a job if we don't have a planet that is able to sustain us?

In Australia, there is a saying...more of an attitude really..."She'll be right mate." And when the person who coined that phrase...who had that attitude first said it, she was alright. But now, she is not alright, nothing is alright and like it or not, Coronavirus is the direct result of our inability to see what we are doing as a species to this planet.

All the energy people put into resisting wearing masks, defending our rights and the rights of our children wouldn't be necessary if we just opened our eyes and could see.

Since I stopped using meth, my eyes have opened and I can see where we are headed...can you? And more to the point, are we...you and I...willing to do anything about it except believe it is someone else's problem? Because after we are gone, it will be someone else's problem.

Look at your children and grandchildren and realise that just because we won't be around to see the results of our failures, doesn't mean we won't be held accountable for them...only through their eyes will the consequences of today's actions be seen.




© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018176-Its-No-Longer-About-Us