*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018886-Oct-7-Outline
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2094067
Challenges and activities
#1018886 added October 9, 2021 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 7 Outline


Oct. 07: - Plot: Outline Revision #1 ▼

(1) Select a desired outlining strategy from the list below.
(2) Review your plot elements thus far and organize them into your outline.
(3) Flesh out your outline by adding more details.

Outlining Strategies

*Bullet* "Outlining Your Novel: Traditional Outlining format with bullet points, numbers/letters, or chapters.
*Bullet* Index cards (paper or electronic) which can be easily shuffled to change scene order later.
*Bullet* The Snowflake Method.  
*Bullet* Use one of the following story models as a fill-in-the-blank outline template:
*Bullet* The Five-Point   Story Structure.
*Bullet* The Eight-Point   Story Structure.
*Bullet* The Hero’s Journey   Story Structure.
*Bullet* *Cat2*"*Cat2*Save the Cat Beat Sheet (Outlining Method)"  
*Bullet* Any other appropriate model.


Using the Five Point Story Structure with Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution.
Exposition: Setting the scene
Rising action: Building the tension.
Climax: The exciting bit.
Falling action: Tidying up loose ends.
Resolution: Ending the story.

(EX)A fairly ordinary guy is living his life in Los Angeles with a new dog. He is a bike courier by day and a poet by night. Or is he a male escort?

(RA)A 2020-year-old Chinese book shows up at an auction. Wolf Meyer (35) buys it cheap because no one recognizes its significance to the world. He meets a girl there, Poppy Ryan (32). They fall for each other. Strange events occur in their lives (the house is suddenly set on fire, pets disappear, the main character experiences occult phenomenons like knocking sounds in the middle of the night, pawprints in the bathroom, reflections in mirrors). The cause of all this is the Book.

(CL)Together they investigate China with the help of professor Xiao Tan. They meet monsters that are described in the Book. The Book predicts a deadline for a major disaster that hits their city (Los Angeles) and will kill many people. Can they stop the prophecy? The answer is the Book. By defeating the 3 monsters, Wolf gets into another state of mind and reads the Book differently.

(RE)The message he now reads in the Book (the riddle) is explained to him, and he knows how to save Los Angeles. Then the Book disappears, and Poppy with it. She has played him all along. Turns out she is Monster 4, the fish woman Yuang!





© Copyright 2021 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018886-Oct-7-Outline