*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019052-Spider-condos
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#1019052 added October 10, 2021 at 7:22am
Restrictions: None
Spider condos!
I wanted to take a few minutes to share a perfectly seasonal and delightful thing I saw yesterday morning on the way into work.

The sun had just risen, and there was heavy fog near the gas station where I'd stopped. As I started off again I was faced with a number of strange factors. Despite the fog the sun was very bright, and combined with the wet road surface to produce a glare that not even my driving shades and visor could cut much. I was obliged to turn my headlights on even though it was fully daylight by this time; I was having trouble seeing other cars so I knew they might not see me.

Cruising along into town, I was muttering to myself about this when I glanced up at the power/phone lines along the road and did a double take. The combination of moisture in the air and the early sun illuminated row upon row of spider webs between the upper and lower sets of lines. I could not take my eyes from the road long enough to do more than glance, but they seemed perfectly spaced and symmetrical. I wondered how many of these "spider condos" there might be, but of course I had to keep my eyes on the traffic.

It put a smile on my face, though, during this Halloween season I enjoy so much. Despite all that has happened this year, I'm having a good October so far.

© Copyright 2021 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019052-Spider-condos