*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019067
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Women's · #2139377
Arlynn's story - 2017 edition; 2021 Edition (Zayda'a Story)
#1019067 added October 11, 2021 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
2021 - Plot: Outline Revision #1
Oct. 07: - Plot: Outline Revision #1 â–¼

(1) Select a desired outlining strategy from the list below.
I have a program for Plotting - Plotr which I will use to try an wrap my head around the plotting process. Before I can do this I need to remove my old license and put in my Lifetime License as the old one was gone in May of this year. This is a Saturday job.
(2) Review your plot elements thus far and organize them into your outline.
What are my 5 big plot points? Read over Romancing the Beats....
Inciting Incident - Call to Adventure (end of sequence 1) - receiving a letter of acceptance into the University in the City - a chance to break free from the constraints of her ordinary life - will she go? Can she afford it? The Aunts encourage her as does her cousin Adwina who offers accommodation - to live with them (her and Damian).
Lock-in - transition to Act II (end of sequence 2) - on the train waving goodbye to the Aunts.
Mid-point Climax (end of sequence 4) - a win -
Main Climax (end of sequence 6)
Third Act Twist (sequence 7)

More thoughts:
Thinking 5 main plot points. They would be:
Inciting Incident: A question posed to the MC - will she leave the world she has known most of her life and venture out into the big City? She receives an acceptance letter to university to study botany and life sciences.

Lock In: The answer to that question - must be yes... Zayda is locked in when she gets on the train to travel to the big City to start her life there.

Mid-Point Climax: this needs to be a win for my MC - celebrating something special with Trace.

Main Climax: Dark Night of the Soul - maybe she is cast out from Trace's life or he becomes very ill and she must find a way to save him (tying in the botany and life sciences aspects as well as her witchcraft)

Third Act Twist: the turn around - Zayda is able to save him and in turn, will garner his mother's gratitude and respect.


I am thinking there could be some incident with local boys that want to strip her of her virginity??? It's a challenge they have set. They are not able to, but there are rumors they did and one of the boys is Darla's boyfriend - who is already her enemy. She needs to escape this... I am thinking this happens between the Inciting incident and the lock in I have mentioned above.

I need to find my Romancing the Beats book to see if that will help me generate the best plot points that will make this story sing.

(3) Flesh out your outline by adding more details.

Outlining Strategies
A traditional outline format with bullet points, numbers/letters, or chapters.
Index cards (paper or electronic) which can be easily shuffled to change scene order later.
The Snowflake Method.
Use one of the following story models as a fill-in-the-blank outline template:
The Five-Point Story Structure.
The Eight-Point Story Structure.
The Hero's Journey Story Structure.
" Save the Cat Beat Sheet (Outlining Method)"
Any other appropriate model.

I want to use my Plottr program, but I need to delete the old license and put in the Lifetime License I have. That is a Monday Oct. 11, 2021 job.


Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019067