*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019215-October-12th---Tuesday---Theme
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2259195
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1019215 added October 12, 2021 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
October 12th - Tuesday - Theme
Theme: Transcendence.

Both Boudica and Iliaster transcend the limitations of their world.

Boudica encounters several prompts and signs, especially a recurring symbol of a spiral, that give clue to there being more to learn about the Mindwalk Pavilion, and thereby her own capabilities.

Iliaster is freed from the restraints imposed on him by living in a society where psychic abilities are considered signs of witchcraft, and usually lead to death. He learns quickly, and intuitively goes beyond what Council believes true about the Mindwalk Pavilion (i.e. that it is only accessible by Council members). He sees the world differently, and begins to develop a more useful idea of how psychic powers work.

His attack on Boudica and Council through the Mindwalk Pavilion is unsuccessful, due to the sacrifice of Edward Carrick. Boudica is able to sweep him away. He is not however killed by this, and fearing repercussions for his failure, flees towards Poland.

Boudica is given the insight to transcending the current ideas about the Mindwalk Pavilion as a result of her actions against the Iberian Invasion force. Following the huge expense of energy involved in destroying the flagship, and darkening the skies across Europe, she is left in an extremely calm state, following her intuition, she rises up the spiral.


© Copyright 2021 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019215-October-12th---Tuesday---Theme