*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019308-Oct-16---CONTEST-ROUND-Antagonist-Background-Story-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2259506
Nano prep book
#1019308 added October 14, 2021 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
Oct. 16: - CONTEST ROUND: Antagonist Background Story ֎
Write a story about your antagonist that takes place outside of your novel. The object of the contest is to make your judges understand and empathize with the antagonist's motivations.

Joel hopped of out his truck in front of his buddy, Gregory's place.

Gregory pulled two black garbage cans to the curb from beside his house.

"Dude, so what's with the clothes." Joel nods toward the garbage cans.

Gregory turned back and looked at the clothing hanging from the open cans. "It was stuff she wanted me to donate." He scoffed.

"Yeah, like it is your job to do that for an ex."

"I am so glad I threw that bitch out. I won't ever have to listen to her breathe again." Gregory smiled.

"Hey, let's get some beers. And we better get that grill started before the game starts." Joel smacked Gregory on the back and they walked to the back of the house.



"My great-grandpa was a genius they say. Get this," said Gregory. He leaned forward in his chair and propped his arms on the table. "They also say he may have made a time machine."

"Get out of town." Joel waved his hand at Gregory. "That is the last beer for you."

"No, man. Listen. Listen." Gregory sat back in his chair. Ran his hands through his hair. "You have to know this guy. He was a big deal and he kept going on about this time machine thing. They canned him at the university, and he came home disgraced. But there was always talk. I think there might be something to it."

Joel jumped out of his seat and yelled when his team scored. "Yeah, baby. That was great. Did you see that?"

"Yeah, yeah. Listen, Joel, pay attention here." Gregory slapped the table to get his attention.

"Man, we are trying to watch the game. Can we talk about your family later?"

"No, you moron. This is important."

"Whoa. What did you call me?"

"Hey, listen. This could be about world domination. Riches beyond riches. And you are worried about a football game?" Gregory sat back in his chair and studied Joel. "Hey, I am just messing with you man. Watch the game. Look there goes Miller."

Joel jumped up again. "Go, go, go. Yeah. Touchdown!"

Gregory tuned out Joel and the game and focused on how he was going to handle Angela.


Oct. 16: - CONTEST ROUND: Antagonist Background Story
© Copyright 2021 NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ (UN: meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019308-Oct-16---CONTEST-ROUND-Antagonist-Background-Story-