*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019385-Character-Antagonist-Profile---Oscar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #2259320
After years of ministry in South America, Azul returns home for her last days.
#1019385 added October 15, 2021 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Character: Antagonist Profile - "Oscar"
"Oscar" is the kind of character, who is more intimidating than the average individual. He feels ubiquitous, even though he is limited. However, his limits are supernatural, meaning he is much stronger, faster, and more intelligent than humans while being less in all of the realms with regard to God.

"Oscar" likes to play with his nickname of "Visa Card" because he's "everywhere you want to be." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFvcg-zQbAM

However, he is a big drag on the psyche of his human nemesis, who doesn't want him to be any of the places, where the human wants to be or to go.

Things can be going well for a while in the life of Azul, then all of a sudden life becomes difficult for no reason at all (or at least no logical reason at all.) That's when Azul screams out, "Sol, come quickly. I need your help." When Sol is Present, she demands, "In the Name of Sol, my Lord, Oscar, show yourself, and answer for your deeds."

Oscar takes his marching orders from his Master, whose origins are seen in Isaiah 14:12-14. He is corporeal when he needs to be, but he spends most of his time getting inside of the head of one of his victims, like the "earworm" of an unwelcome song.

Oscar has commanded attention from Azul throughout her ministry years, even when she didn't know of his existence. When she made the decision to end her ministry in Paraguay and to return to The States for good, she stepped onto the airplane with the thought, "Finally, I will be away from all that troubles me. Finally, I can have peace." Sadly, that was not to be. Before the plane flight to DFW was half over, the thoughts of her "inadequacies" returned. Oscar had followed her, like a bad fart, that stinks up everywhere you walk. Soon the house smells like a latrine.

Oscar is the imaginary friend, that Azul would rather not have. Oscar is not imaginary, even though Azul is consistently the only human, who sees him. When he can get her to scream at him in a public place, he gets the biggest thrill laughing at her, while the other humans stare at her, like she's crazy. She can hear his laughter and see their stares. The pain of humiliation is almost more than she can bear.

Consistently, her antidote for Oscar's terrible thoughts is time spent listening to The Holy Bible being read in some audio format, usually in the King James Version. She puts on the compact disk in its player, turns up the volume to 6 or 7, and then she starts to laugh as she hears Oscar running from the room covering his ear stubs.

Throughout the trip home and throughout her final years on Earth, Oscar's voice becomes less and less distinct, while the Word of God becomes stronger and stronger. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Psalm 119:11, KJV)


by Jay O’Toole
on October 15th, 2021


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019385-Character-Antagonist-Profile---Oscar