*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019401
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Women's · #2139377
Arlynn's story - 2017 edition; 2021 Edition (Zayda'a Story)
#1019401 added October 25, 2021 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
2021 - Day 25 - General: Market & Narrative Synopsis
Oct. 25: - General: Market Definition and Narrative Voice Synopsis â–¼

(1) Identify your story type from this list of story types or define it with your own nomenclature.
This is a new realm for me - Paranormal Romance.
A romance between a witch, who has the ability to feel and see images of emotions in the people around her, and a human, who has his own traumatic background to deal with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_romance
https://lybrarian.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/what-is-paranormal-romance-and-why-sh...

(2) Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile of your ideal reader (try using your character profile template!) Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why. Please read this blog post to understand the importance of marketing, and why targeting ""mass appeal"" or ""all readers"" isn't good enough: "Building Your Brand"

I am thinking my readers are primarily women who don't want the usual, mundane romances or the guilt of feeling like they are reading smut. They want something a little different, but still want a Happily Ever After.

(3) Write a synopsis of your novel using the same narrative voice you will use to tell the story.

Zayda is a young witch who has lived a sheltered life in a small, seaside community who has dealt with prejudice and mean spiritedness. She has felt defenseless within that world and decides to escape to higher education and the City. Once there, she must deal with the overwhelming sensations of the people around her. She learns to protect herself and find her way within this new world. She also finds her first love; a young man dealing with the trauma of his youth and the expectations of his present life. They both find their way back to each other and gather strength to face what dares to tear them apart.




Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019401