*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019478-Ask-me-whether-I-care
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1019478 added October 16, 2021 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
Ask me whether I care
Ask me whether I care.

Part of me doesn't. I'm up earlier than usual and need to head out. I took a bath last night but a shower may be a good idea. Off I go.

Is this the season of dry skin? 2 solutions: 1. use lotion. 2. travel to a moist climate.

I went to market and bought hargisa and a blueberry pastry from Irina. At Butterfly Herbs I got a mint oreo milkshake with Irish creme. A goo combo.

Saw Nancy Rishoff. She'd look good in my alpaca turtle neck.

Sacramento State is in town for a game against the Grizz. I had a chance to go but without glasses what would I have seen?

I'm fading. I worked again on my poems and ended up writing four instead of two. Now to choose. I also will write a poem to a postcard of Montana. Who will be the victim? No clue.

What the meek inherit

         postcard of the Boston and Montana Copper Smelter

Copper came. And copper went.
What remains but toxic tailings.
The land once rent
must be cleansed;
more money spent,
while sons and daughters
of copper barons went —
elsewhere.
Slash and burn.
Dig deep and leave the mess.
No thoughts for the wounded Earth
that the meek inherit.

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga [178.248] (16.oktober.2021)

Sent to Pat.

71 degrees at 4:20. Barely a cloud in the sky. The Grizz fans weep. 27-28.

Nick caught up with me and we spoke about him being my lawyer and getting my affairs in order, will, etc. About time. I'm not getting any younger.

Ate pumpkin pie, drank the devil's brew ... black.

Feeling a bit better.

Spoke with Jackie Smartt outside of the Wilma. I told her I was jealous of her walking stick and then her son Kent showed up (he gave it to her).

"Things like Texas’ declaration of secession in 1861, which, in part, stated: “We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable."

Texas succession 1861: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_texsec.asp
5127

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019478-Ask-me-whether-I-care