*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019705
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1019705 added October 24, 2021 at 9:17am
Restrictions: None
I.F. Stone - Sing For Those Masters
Everyone's cheating. Everyone's lying. Those who are the worst at it get caught, become sacrificial lambs. They were just trying to keep up, fit in.

We lie to ourselves, mess with our own heads, wonder what is wrong with us because we don't fit in with a bunch of liars and cheats. The new standard is to be the best and phoniest.

We forget our values overall, while keeping some sentimental ethos connected to our hearts near and dear, fighting falsely for their survival while, navigating this world eroding into negativity and division, because no great unifier has come along to quell what agitates all.

We all chatter like someone is listening, like someone will do more than like a post. But, if a movement swells from our words, would we know what next? We're stuck as a nation/world, ensnared in a web of lies, beginning with media in all forms. And, too dim-witted to see actual truths, too cozy, readied for our dirt naps.

I have witnessed the ignorance of the cancel culture young. Gah. Walls for old people to echo thoughts off.

“funerals are always occasions for pious lying.” - I.F. Stone

I might add more. Okay, I will. This:

Trump is an ass and the biggest liar in the room, by design. He realizes the depth of the ignorance that surrounds and wants to be polarizing by telling it like it is. He knows we all think some of these things, but have the good sense to not speak what we might think evidentiary. That doesn't make a good unifier, but someone like my dad who would get in your face and tell you what he thinks of you without a moment's hesitation, and in that moment, rents space in your head. You might say divider, but people are forming to the left and the right because of him and ready to fight for what they feel.

But, we might be the hapless fools like he claims Gen. Colin Powell was, that we blindly believe what we are told and expose it to others as truth, until unverified.

I'm awash in a sea of this when I discover Stone's quote and have to consider the journalistic roots of a young man who wanted to investigate and reveal hidden truth in a pack of lies, but tired of the game heavily stacked against a lone individual (me). I was ushered out of the media game because it is thankless, unrewarding and not unlike everything else I chase hoping for a chance to prove and reprove myself. But to whom? No one is watching and I am yet just another fool following manipulated carrots.

I'll let these thoughts marinate semi-publicly, as I consider their weight, an ounce or less, because few to none truly pry to get inside and see what goes on, unless a threat somehow, unwittingly, to some machine cramming nonsense down the throats of all who would sing for a hollow supper.

Yeah, marinate.

10.20.21

"Life’s Little Misdirections 🥀🦋

© Copyright 2021 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019705