*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019801-Surprise------WC-405
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1019801 added October 23, 2021 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Surprise W/C 405

Surprise

I gather with the gang at Andre’s Banana Bar. We’re celebrating the end of OctoPrep. Those four weeks of writing have been brutal and all are glad to take a small break before we tackle the NaNoWriMo challenge.

Andre advertised a new drink on the menu. “Andre’s Mango-Banana Surprise” is touted to be ‘smooth as silk’, a combination of fruit juice and rum. “You will feel like a million bucks after just one sip!”

So all of us just had to try this new drink. The first round is on the house, as Andre wanted his writing buddies to give good recommendations on Writing.com. He figures if we tell everyone how good this drink is, he’ll be the one making the million bucks.

All was fine, everyone drank the Mango-Banana concoction. In fact, it was so tasty we all drank a few go-rounds. Then suddenly, I got this strange feeling. It was like a hot flash with a massive migraine. Everything had an aura around it, flashing neon lights around my field of vision.

Then I had the sensation of floating. I could see all those in the bar below me. They paid no attention to me as I floated in and around them. Suddenly some of the others began to float as well. The bar became full of us floating through the air.

I rather liked this feeling. I’d always wanted to fly. Is this how birds feel? Weightlessness? Freedom?

Suddenly I hear Lilli ☕ still Quilling shout out, “For all of you who had a bad reaction to ‘Andre’s Mango-Banana Surprise’ I have the antidote. Seems Andre put something extra in the drink. The little imp won’t tell me what, but he claims this will cure you. So come on down and get a shot.”

I maneuvered down to the bar, held onto a stool, took one of the shots. As I drank, it burned like fire. I immediately fell to the ground.

“What in all that is holy was that all about?” I screamed. “Can anyone tell me what just happened?”

Andre stood over me, chattering something in monkey talk. He laid a bottle of Topo Chico lemon lime seltzer on my chest. Then Andre scampered away to others.

Well, it was a long night. That seltzer was the true antidote. Or was it? I’m exhausted and I don’t even know who is in bed with me.

W/C 405




Queen NormaJean *Crown*


2021 OctoPrep Cheerleader


winner badge


Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2021 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Queen NormaJean Greeneyes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019801-Surprise------WC-405