*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019914-Something-Weird
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2257228
Tales from real life
#1019914 added October 22, 2021 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Something Weird
There was a newsfeed post a few days ago that asked "what's the weirdest thing that's happened recently?"

I didn't have anything then, but I do today.

I've been on my own for a few days while my wife is out of town. That means I can stream old episodes of Deep Space Nine while fixing myself scrambled eggs for breakfast. It took about half an hour to slice and dice peppers and onions, sauté them in olive oil, stir in three eggs, top with cheese, and eat same. DS9 was still wrapping up as I settled down in my recliner to finish my coffee and watch the final scenes. Our cat, as if waiting in ambush, immediately leapt into my lap and settled down.

I had my smartphone and newspaper at hand, so I was willing to provide the lap, but I hadn't grabbed the remote to turn off the TV. Not to worry - the wind was blowing briskly and the power flickered just as the closing credits started to roll. It wasn't enough of an interruption to reset the clock on the microwave, but the Roku rebooted and returned to its home screen. It was just as good as turning it off. I felt a prickle on the back of my neck. It was kind of eerie to merely think, darn, I wish I didn't have to disturb the cat, and then have the power flicker on cue.

© Copyright 2021 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019914-Something-Weird