*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019996-Prompt-4--2021--Andre-The-Blog-Monkey
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1019996 added October 23, 2021 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt 4 / 2021 / Andre The Blog Monkey
4. You order Andre's 'Drink of the Day'. As you are drinking it, you feel it slowly transform you into something/someone else.

Dear Margaret:

It seems the worst is yet to come regarding Halloween celebrations. When Erthala and I were at the Halloween party there was a lot of dancing and other entertainment going on. Erthala and I were just enjoying the antics of monkeys in the ceiling vines and costumed persons dancing to the vibrant monkey music going on.

Then Andre came tottering over with the drink of the day in hand. It was in a pretty, frosted wine glass on a stem. It was, believe it or not some mix of Banana wine. It was a yellow color and very cold. He presented it to me. So, I said, "Why not?" I heard Erthala mutter, "I bet I could tell you why not?"

I just smiled. After a couple sips I started singing another Monkey song I know. "Three Little Monkeys, swinging in a tree, teasing Mr. Crocodile, you can't catch me." I vaguely remember Erthala say, "Oh, Oh!"

Did I really transform? I remember fur on my long arms. It's more like a dream then real transformation. I experienced exaltation, as I leaped into the air and went swinging across the room on the exceptional green vines. Other monkeys screeched, pointed, and then followed me as I traversed the room swinging from vine to vine. Eating a couple of the flowers, hanging upside down starring at Erthala below me, while she shouted come back down now before you fall Apondia, was quite exelerating.

As a child I had a trapeze in our hay barn with heavy mounds of loose hay to break my fall. Flying across the room with the other monkeys. Playing follow the leader was more fun than the trapeze. I was not as graceful because I lacked a prehensile tail. I did not have the length of arm of a monkey, besides not having, a finger type use of the end of a prehensile tale. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Toward the end, I used the coat rack pole like a Shaolin Master and made the "Monkey moves on a tree" required to win your Buddhist mastership. I'm sure a real Shaolin Master has better form. Years of practice in form and knowledge are required to acquire the grace monks, who know these moves, are capable of doing. YouTube has examples of these Shaolin Master moves.

This transformation only lasted at the most thirty minutes. Then, the energy the drink produced in my system began to fail.

Erthala was following me around the room and persuaded me to stop on top of the bar. Then with a huff and a puff I sat down and returned to my normal thought waves.

Erthala with her quick thinking managed to film some of my antics on her iPhone. She has promised to send the filming to my computer. That means I can send you a copy some day. It is quite a sight to see.

I tried to find out exactly what was in the wine Andre gave me. As usual Andre isn't communicating about the recipe. When I went to the bar, Andre pointed at me and then pantomimed swinging on the vines above his head he monkey laughed. I drew a picture of Andre standing under a coconut tree getting bonked on the head with a coconut so he quit laughing.

Oh well, green tea and mashed bananas is really the best speed for me.

If you ever want an interesting experience Margaret come visit me. We will spend some time blogging at Andre The Blog Monkey Banana Bar. Always an unusually worthwhile time.

Sincerely,

Apondia *BigSmile*

Word count by the Journal7 = 604







© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019996-Prompt-4--2021--Andre-The-Blog-Monkey