*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021166-Peanut-Butter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1021166 added November 8, 2021 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Peanut Butter
BCOF Insignia
November 8, 2021 - Day 3288
Prompt: Prompt: November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month. Write a story, poem, or something about peanut butter.


I remember back in high school, what seems like forever ago now, I was on the Student Council and March rolled around. We decided to celebrate National Peanut Month by giving a talk about what peanuts are, how they're grown, and the benefits of eating peanuts and peanut butter. I was the one who was given the opportunity to wear the large peanut costume and host the talk. Being a huge peanut was fun. But anyway, the student council members were allowed to visit a peanut farm to see how it is all done, from planting to peanut butter production. It was awesome and we were able to taste raw peanuts, roasted peanuts, and the fresh peanut butter. I wouldn't advise eating peanuts raw, but if you had to they're edible - sort of. I was shocked at how simple the production of peanut butter is. You just take roasted peanuts and grind them up until they are the consistency of a paste. Super easy, right? Well it takes a whole heck of a lot of roasted peanuts to make even a little bit of peanut butter! You know, back then people really didn't consider peanut allergies like they do now days. Had they, I bet that fieldtrip would have never happened.

Nutty Facts

Did you know peanuts grow underground and prefer drier, sandy soil? They're like nodules that grow on the roots of the plants.
I also find it interesting that while peanut butter originated in Canada, the US is the largest exporter and consumer of the delicious creaminess.
Want more fun/interesting facts about peanuts and peanut butter? Follow this link: Peanutty Facts  


Have a Nutty Day!

© Copyright 2021 A LeJenD' in Mourning (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A LeJenD' in Mourning has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021166-Peanut-Butter