*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021243-The-Old-Ticker-and-Thanksgiving
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2260969
A small town life in a small town library.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1021243 added November 9, 2021 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
The Old Ticker and Thanksgiving
I thought I'd give this blog thing another try. Now that I have access to internet four days per week, I can write some.


For those who haven't met me in my many years at Writing.com, I'm Nikola. I live in Texas in an efficiency with my two small dogs.I work at a small library in another small town nearby. I love it! Who wouldn't? I'm surrounded by books!*BigSmile*

What else would you need/want to know about me? I write off and on. Love to read. I love critters, especially dogs and horses. I deal with mental as well as physical issues.

The most pressing of the physical is my heart.*HeartBroken* I have aFib and tachycardia. Both of these affect my heartbeat. In August, my cardiologist and I agreed to "kick start" my heart. Basically they will go in and shock my heart back into rhythm. The scheduler *i*finally{/i}called last week to set up the date. It will be November 23 at high noon. This is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving! I'm not thrilled with the date but it needs to be done. My poor supervisor thinks I'll be back to work the next day. I told her we'd see what the doctor says. I highly doubt we'll be busy that week at all. I can't understand why they just don't close for the week. We already plan to be closed that Thursday and Friday. It's really their problem and not mine.

As for Thanksgiving, I usually go to my best friend's but she's having health issues so she most likely won't cook and I may not be cleared to drive. I'm not much of a cook so I have a microwave turkey and gravy, brussels sprouts, mashed taters, sweet taters. The only thing I'm missing is pecan pie and dressing. I'll make it work.

Hope y'all are having a beautiful day!

If you have any questions about me, just ask.




A homage to my love of the written word.





Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
Part of the Cleaners? Feel free to sport this sig!















© Copyright 2021 Nikola~It's a Girl! (UN: nmarshall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nikola~It's a Girl! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021243-The-Old-Ticker-and-Thanksgiving