*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021297-In-the-castle-east-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021297 added November 26, 2021 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
In the castle east [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 9 Prompt: You are having a very realistic dream. In this dream, you are approaching a castle. What unusual reason do you have to be at this castle? What do you say to the two guards standing outside it to gain entrance?

"Okay," I mumbled to myself, "there's the castle just up ahead. I wish I could remember what it is I'm supposed to say. I'm pretty sure I won't get in, unless I give 'em a password or something."

I looked back along the path I'd taken from the little village. Odd, how no one had wanted to give me directions. It didn't help, that I couldn't really remember, who lived at the castle. Whatever. I'm here.

Two guards appeared from shelters built into the wall on either side of the gate.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" demanded the taller of the two.

"Name's Newt; I. F. Newt. There's supposed to be some kinda shindig - a party or something, I think. It's all kinda hazy in my head."

"Have you come to the right castle?"

"I'm not sure. Is this the one between the two mountains?"

"No," answered the shorter guard. "That's the White Witch's castle, two valleys over to the east."

"Well, is this the one with the four kids livin' in it?"

"Cair Paravel, you mean? That one's way off to the west," the shorter guard replied. "Say, maybe you're playing like you don't know where you're supposed to be; maybe you're a spy or something, sent by those nasty villagers!" Both guards moved forward, fingering their swords.

I thought a bit harder, then snapped my fingers - got it!

"Is this the castle with the science guy, that doctor fella?"

"Maybe." The guards looked at each other, then they asked, "Got anything else to say?"

Facing the taller guard, I said, "Bobby said to say that, when I got to his door, I should say, 'Boris sent me!'"

Both guards smiled, and stood aside.

"Come on in! Igor and the boys are just getting warmed up!"

Author's note

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021297-In-the-castle-east-30-DBC-entry